ORU vs. Oregon

Old Titan

1 minute ago, theeagleman5 said:

Old Titan, Bogus and Terry probably ponied up to pay for that charter flight.....nobody called and asked TheEagleman... Image result for george costanza

The only charter I could afford would be a jon boat with an Evinrude outboard at Lake Sahoma.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Old Titan, Bogus and Terry probably ponied up to pay for that charter flight...nobody called and asked TheEagleman   Image result for george costanza

I’m sure of it, eagleman.

51 minutes ago, titansforever said:

Was that OT in the pilot's seat? 😄

Some people will do anything for free travel . . .

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Just a little bit of coach-speak, with some hyperbole and exaggeration.  While we do have players with a lot of experience, I don't see any regular contributor on the roster who graduated high school earlier than 2018 except for Harley Gollert (2017).  So, Harley may qualify for the small end of the 24-26 year old range.

I definitely don't think the Ducks will take us lightly, especially given the stakes involved.  I hope that we can take an early lead and build upon it, taking the hostile crowd out of the game.

Sounds like Coach Wasikowski went to a Lou Holtz workshop on how to talk about your opponent so your team, and your fans, don't get overconfident.  Holtz could make Akron sound like the '72 Dolphins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Any clue as to the ORU starting pitcher in Games 1 and 2?....wondering if any chance of a change after the Gollert stinker last Saturday vs. Washington......and guessing after he went 3-3 last weekend that Denton will be ready to go every night.....this is showtime!!!....:shield-logo:   VS.  Image result for oregon ducks logo

43 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Any clue as to the ORU starting pitcher in Games 1 and 2?....wondering if any chance of a change after the Gollert stinker last Saturday vs. Washington......and guessing after he went 3-3 last weekend that Denton will be ready to go every night.....this is showtime!!!....:shield-logo:   VS.  Image result for oregon ducks logo

I would expect Jakob Hall on Friday, Harley Gollert on Saturday, and Brooks Fowler for the if necessary game, with Joshua Caravalho available for any game where a starter needs to be lifted early.  And, Cade Denton will be ready and waiting to add two more saves to his list of season-long accomplishments.

• Upvote 1

I listened to Coach Fulmer on the Blitz podcast this week and he said that he would stick to his normal weekend rotation as TB82 speculated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

....wondering if any chance of a change after the Gollert stinker last Saturday vs. Washington......

To those of us who were there, it wasn’t an obvious “stinker.” The plate ump’s calls were all over the place (mainly wrong). Kudos to WA for taking advantage, but It wasn’t as simple as Gollert pitching poorly. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Texasgrip said:

To those of us who were there, it wasn’t an obvious “stinker.” The plate ump’s calls were all over the place (mainly wrong). Kudos to WA for taking advantage, but It wasn’t as simple as Gollert pitching poorly. 

Agree with that,  as I said previously, Gollert couldn't buy a strike call at the top or the bottom of the strike zone. 

I will add that if one play in centerfield had gone differently that inning would have gone a lot differently.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

. . . I will add that if one play in centerfield had gone differently that inning would have gone a lot differently.

Sacrilege!!!

7 runs in 2/3 of an inning isn't a stinker???...and you guys blame the umpire??? Please.....Gollert will be on a short leash....🤨

6 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

7 runs in 2/3 of an inning isn't a stinker???...and you guys blame the umpire??? Please.....Gollert will be on a short leash....🤨

Did you watch it?

10 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

...and you guys blame the umpire???

Let me be very clear on this: yes. 

LOL...TheEagleman will take Grip and Otis at their word that it was totally the UMPIRE who caused Harley Gollert to have a horrible 2/3 of an inning last Saturday Night vs. Washington....TheEagleman honestly only saw the final inning of that game.....will expect better out of the guy this weekend in Eugene.....GO BLUE!!! :tb-blue:

• Haha 1