Welcome Head Coach Russell Springmann!

ORob2

13 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

-- glad to hear Coach Patterson will be back....a bit surprised Mills did not take him to WSU since they have been together so long

-- now we wait to see who enters the portal or which seniors decide to comeback for a covid year

-- love the hire and the speed in which ORU moved 

-- excited for the future of ORUMBB

What does it say about Coach Springmann's relationship with the current players that, at least so far, no one has entered the transfer portal in response to his appointment?

Or, at 9:20am on Thursday, did I just jinx it? 😬

Springman brings stability to this transition period  as well as to our program and it appears he really likes ORU and wants to be here. Couldn't be happier!

• Upvote 2

If the report from the Wichita St beat writer that Patterson is staying is correct it's GREAT news!

• Like 2

Mills out.....Springmann in....Frankly, after chewing on this for 24 hours....TheEagleman strongly feels that ORU has made out better in this deal....we have a coach who REALLY wants to be here and feels called to the mission of our beloved University........thought Mills felt that way....clearly he did not.......and I like THAT in a pilot...er, Coach..... Image result for Top Gun Tom Skerritt

• Upvote 1

Just now, theeagleman5 said:

Mills out.....Springmann in....Frankly, after chewing on this for 24 hours....TheEagleman strongly feels that ORU has made out better in this deal....we have a coach who REALLY wants to be here and feels called to the mission of our beloved University........thought Mills felt that way....clearly he did not.......and I like THAT in a coach..... Image result for Top Gun Tom Skerritt

Nick Saban GIF by SB Nation

Amen!

It could have been where Mills offered Patterson to go with him and he elected to stay... 

7 minutes ago, vcboy2000 said:

It could have been where Mills offered Patterson to go with him and he elected to stay... 

you are correct, Mills said on TheBlitz....Springmann and Patterson were both offered to go with him

A factor was a 2 week old baby and Patterson did not want to move the family so soon after the birth

• Like 1

I'm thrilled that Springmann is our new head coach and not surprised that Mills did not take him along to WSU. I remember Mills stating at some point that he expects his top assistant coaches will become head coaches. It would not surprise me if Mills saw his move to WSU as an opportunity for his friend to be promoted to the head coach position, and that Mills recommended that move to the President and/or AD.

• Like 1

I think Springmann is probably a good choice, but I wonder if we talked to or interviewed anyone else? Surely AD Buttigieg had a list of possible replacements in his pocket by mid-season.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, oruvoice said:

I think Springmann is probably a good choice, but I wonder if we talked to or interviewed anyone else? Surely AD Buttigieg had a list of possible replacements in his pocket by mid-season.

AD Buttigieg? Please elaborate 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, ORUFanbase said:

AD Buttigieg? Please elaborate 😂😂😂

How about don't.

• Haha 4

Just now, oruvoice said:

Just looks and talks like him. That's all. 

Noted and will keep that in mind next time I hear or see an interview. 😂

• Upvote 1

Ever served on a project committee that meets for several months, discussing multiple options at length before hammering out a course of action, only to have a bunch of new people start showing up near project completion date, questioning your decisions and wanting to rehash all the options you've already covered?

Asking for a friend...lol 😘

• Haha 1