Welcome Head Coach Russell Springmann!

ORob2

Good luck in your new gig Coach.  You have our support.

• Dr. Cornelius pinned this topic

Good move by the AD Tim Johnson and no need to wait around!  This should help to bring back some guys such as Patrick and McBride.

He's from my part of the country (Maryland), so of course I'm happy about this! I'll bet he understands perfectly when someone says, "I'm goin' down-e-ocean." (Translation: I'm going down to the ocean.) And if I say to him, "Congratulations, hon!" he'll get that too. 🙂  I wonder if he's an Orioles fan? Naw--that would be too perfect. 

• Like 1

From ORU:

Russell Springmann has been named the 12th Head ORU Men’s Basketball coach! Join us Friday for a press conference to welcome Coach Springmann at 3:00 pm in the GLC!

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

Coach only has 90 Twitter followers.  Let's get that number up!

I got him up to 140!

TheEagleman is VERY PLEASED to hear this news!! Congrats to Coach Springmann who will carry on the work that has been done over the past 6 years....wonder if Coach Mills will give us a home/home series....Guessing Not.......have some stones, Millsy......image.jpeg.f07e8dad7fc9ad9cab88d0f4fac59994.jpeg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman is VERY PLEASED to hear this news!! Congrats to Coach Springmann who will carry on the work that has been done over the past 6 years....wonder if Coach Mills will give us a home/home series....Guessing Not.......have some stones, Millsy......image.jpeg.f07e8dad7fc9ad9cab88d0f4fac59994.jpeg

I think we have verbal and video recordings of Paul saying it isn't fair the rich get richer. Help a poor man out coach, its biblical.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Springman has a good size for a coach at about 6'4 and has worked with the bigs in practice at times.  Maybe he will bring some size to this next recruiting class!

I really like that Coach Springmann is part of the Rick Barnes coaching tree. I’ve always liked how Barnes comes across. It’s crazy that Springmann could have been the coach at Mississippi State but turned it down due to family reasons. In my opinion, that shows that his priorities are in the right place.