Welcome Head Coach Russell Springmann!

ORob2

2 hours ago, Otis 83 said:

If either of you ever wore a leisure suit you have no business taking a shot at this emerging fashion trend.

Powder-blue corduroy, with a "silk shirt", white belt, white shoes, and a Puka shell necklace, baby! 🤡

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Powder-blue corduroy, with a "silk shirt", white belt, white shoes, and a Puka shell necklace, baby! 🤡

I'm thinking the "silk" shirt might have been quiana?  My leisure suit was an indescribable shade of green 😳

I reserved powder-blue for when the polyester three piece suit took the leisure suit's role in the late 70's.  I also had a pair of platform shoes that would make Gene Simmons envious.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Coach Lewit is also a Salisbury grad like Springmann and in addition to being a successful JUCO coach was an assistant for several universities in Louisiana (also coached HS in New Orleans).

I wonder if that means we will see more potential recruits from that area?

• Like 3

The Crescent City Sports link in this tweet includes a concise bio for Coach Lewit.

BTW:  nice tie...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

River Ridge John Curtis Chrisitan is a premier program in high school athletics.  They were in this year's Division 1 State Championship in football.  In 2021-22 Coach Lewitt took the boy's basketball team to the Division 1 State Championship in basketball.  Within the last 20+ years they have produced 14 NFL players, and I am not just talking about being drafted but rather actually playing in the NFL.  In Louisiana that school/program is a legend.

• Upvote 3

On 5/5/2023 at 9:05 AM, Old Titan said:

He looks like one of those character actors that you would see pop up on a different show each week when you were a kid....usually playing a lawyer or a conniving business man.😄

...but seriously, sounds like he will add a lot of coaching experience to the sidelines.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

Great segment and different. 

• Upvote 1

Enjoyed that. And how about coach talking about playing fast right as the large FAST appears on the wall in the gym to the left.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Great to see Coach Springmann supporting ORU Baseball in Stillwater tonight...now THAT'S a True Blue ORU guy.... TheEagleman has to wonder if Paul Mills would have been there if he had not left us for Wichita State....I would set those odds at under 10%.....maybe under 5%......:hc_mills:

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Great to see Coach Springmann supporting ORU Baseball in Stillwater tonight...now THAT'S a True Blue ORU guy.... TheEagleman has to wonder if Paul Mills would have been there if he had not left us for Wichita State....I would set those odds at under 10%.....maybe under 5%......:hc_mills:

Seth Meyers No GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Really good half hour with Coach...insight on his conversation w/Max.....coaching philosophy vs. Mills, etc.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, ORUalum said:

Really good half hour with Coach...insight on his conversation w/Max.....coaching philosophy vs. Mills, etc.

Absolutely SPECTACULAR interview with Coach Springmann. I had tears streaming down my face several times due to his retelling of the journey to become Head Coach at ORU. His authenticity as a man, husband, father, child of God and coach is INCREDIBLY refreshing. No “coach-speak” here!

What a great hire for ORU.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Absolutely SPECTACULAR interview with Coach Springmann. I had tears streaming down my face several times due to his retelling of the journey to become Head Coach at ORU. His authenticity as a man, husband, father, child of God and coach is INCREDIBLY refreshing. No “coach-speak” here!

What a great hire for ORU.  

my thought was.....just play this for every recruit's mom

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Interesting to hear Coach say he wants to play a more aggressive style of defense and maybe even a pack line approach.  I am pretty sure we will see a lot of different strategies used in his first year as head coach.  He might even try some pressing with guys like Herron, Williams, and Weaver, who are long and athletic.  

I was somewhat surprised to hear that Coach likes the fast paced, spread them out, five shooters approach.  Thought he would change the pace on offense and go to a more traditional half court approach.  

• Dr. Cornelius unpinned this topic
  • 1 month later...