Welcome Head Coach Russell Springmann!

ORob2

10 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

So Did Paul Mills show up and pull that fire alarm?....or maybe it was just ORUVoice???...Image result for Fireman

Jerry Seinfeld Popcorn GIF by Sheets & Giggles

Was good to see several players there in support. Demari, Mwamba sitting front and center with Max

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ting said:

Was good to see several players there in support. Demari, Mwamba sitting front and center with Max

Max was there?

All the dudes that Springmann recruited....that's a lot of loyalty to the man.....gotta love that.....and what a humble guy...gosh he had me tearing up when he mentioned that he had thought a few years ago that he had failed his family.....then the testimony from Rick Barnes.....very impressive that he would take the time...probably before the loss to FAU last night....lolImage result for Russell Springmann ORU

• Upvote 3

I would ask which one of you pulled the alarm but I think I have a good idea 😄 @ORob1

• Haha 1

What are the chances, @Dr. Cornelius?!  To my point, something like that can be very disruptive...How about that timing? Ugh...  Can anyone account for Eric Konkol's whereabouts around 3PM today?  

Rob

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Max, Kareem, and Carlos were right on the front row

Also Herron, Mwamba, Phipps, and the rest of the team.  They all seemed genuinely happy for Coach Springmann.

• Like 2

Question for those in attendance - what was the one question/comment from the crowd at the end of the press conference?  If I'm not mistaken, it appeared to be Bill Middleton who rose and spoke.

3 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Question for those in attendance - what was the one question/comment from the crowd at the end of the press conference?  If I'm not mistaken, it appeared to be Bill Middleton who rose and spoke.

I don’t know Bill, but the question was mostly a joke/rub about NDSU - not really a question. 

Why would that come up?  What’s the connection between Springmann and NDSU specifically?  🤔

Rob

The NDSU reference may have been to the 34 point beating ORU gave the Bison in the tournament.  Meaning they wanted a little payback by turning on the alarms.

Coach Springmann did say that Steve Uphshaw and Sam Patterson were coming back to help the team.  Based on youtube videos, it looks like Ian Laymon is in Wichita with Coach Mills.  Springmann will need to find two more assistants and a video coridinator to round out his staff.  Upshaw was a key holdover.

6 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Selfie with dear friend Michael Hairston at today's presser; got photobombed by some dude on the basketball team. 😉

IMG_2959.thumb.JPG.2414b2b91538bb18b5dee24e735f53e5.JPG

Nice! We will need to connect soon @Old Titan!

Some news outlet saw fit to use this photo in one of their tweets, though I'm surprised they didn't take a different angle to avoid the glare off that dome...

FsAw4GrWIAAN7SV.jpg.2f8493b2022b7396f3d24eca51de184f.jpg

• Haha 1

Coach Springmann speaking seemlessly through that alarm should make the Sportscenter top 10. 

2 hours ago, ORUFanbase said:

Nice! We will need to connect soon @Old Titan!

Connect or assimilate?

• Upvote 2