ORU Bracketology and rankings for 2023

eagle88

Living in northern Illinois I've watched a lot of Northwestern this year, and I have no doubt that ORU could beat them. They are a good team, but certainly wouldn't be an intimidating 1st round game. Personally I would love this match up! 

1 hour ago, ORUIllini said:

Living in northern Illinois I've watched a lot of Northwestern this year, and I have no doubt that ORU could beat them. They are a good team, but certainly wouldn't be an intimidating 1st round game. Personally I would love this match up! 

I watched a lot of the Purdue game at Northwestern.  They put in a tremendous effort to secure that win.  However, I don't disagree with you that this could be a favorable matchup for us.

Well, phooey! How are we going to stay under the radar and lull other teams into a false sense of security if they keep posting all these lists that tell the world how well we're doing? 🙂 

12 hours ago, OKC Eagle said:

E Wash down 2 at the half to Weber St on the road. Go Wildcats!

EWU pulls it out in the end, 89-82 and remain undefeated in the Big Sky conference.

I would not typify the self-proclaimed "bracketologists" in this podcast as "experts", but I would say after listening to them that they are very knowledgeable.

They aren't at all confident re: at-large bids for Florida Atlantic, College of Charleston, or ORU if any of them win out in their respective regular seasons but lose at ANY point in their conference tournaments.

One guy puts it best, "It's not their fault they don't have the resumes, when they have trouble putting together schedules against better teams."

Another one references a Top 25-ranked Saint Mary's team from a decade ago that, had they lost to Gonzaga in the conference finals would have gotten in as an at-large, but instead was left out after being upset in the earlier rounds.

The pertinent discussion starts at about the 36-minute mark and runs through the 40-minute mark:

9 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

One guy puts it best, "It's not their fault they don't have the resumes, when they have trouble putting together schedules against better teams."

No! No! No! These guys are fools. Our lack of quad one opponents is completely the result of the inept leadership of our athletic department. It has nothing to do with the difficulty of getting quad one schools to schedule us. jk 😜

• Haha 1

So far we appear to not be able this year to beat a Quad One squad, going 0-4.  Where would we be if we had won any, some or all of those 4 games?  Every team we played this year that had a heart beat we lost, that is on us.  Try beating those teams already on your schedule.

20 minutes ago, ORU82 said:

So far we appear to not be able this year to beat a Quad One squad, going 0-4.  Where would we be if we had won any, some or all of those 4 games?  Every team we played this year that had a heart beat we lost, that is on us.  Try beating those teams already on your schedule.

Would have been nice to play at least one of those teams at home or on a neutral court.

The challenge of winning those Quad 1 games vs. capable opponents was amplified by the hassle of travel, playing them on their own court, with all their own fans, and refs that know who signs their paychecks for non-conference games (it ain't ORU...).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

....and then there was ONE!!

As well as the longest winning streak in the country at 14 games!

Would have been 24 in a row but for the last minute scheduling at NM. Still glad we did that though. I think it was good for the team and took some streak pressure off. 

• Upvote 2