ORU Bracketology and rankings for 2023

eagle88

Man, that sounds like a killer! Is the defense for both teams just so stifling?

I said this last month but ORU would beat OSU and OU this year....too bad they won't play us.....😎

• Like 1

What are the latest Lunardi, etc Bracketology predictions as of Thursday Morning????.....:oru:

Lunardi still has us this morning as the 12 5 vs Iowa state. Charleston and Duke as another 12 5. https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/bracketology/ncaa-bracketology-2023-march-madness-men-field-predictions

CBS and Palm have us vs TXAM in the 12 5. Would potentially face the 13 Charleston in the second round. https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology/

In 2021, it was "Oral Roberts who?" This time around, they'll see us coming. They'll be ready--whoever "they" turns out to be. We just need to be even better prepared than they are. Every team is dangerous in this setting, because anything can (and usually does) happen. Wherever there are referees, there will be drama!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

TCU, who has been mentioned as a No. 5 vs. ORU as a No. 12, will be without man-child center Eddie Lampkin (for apparently the rest of the year and his career) as he has "stepped away from the program" amidst a Twitter storm involving him, his mom, and Horned Frogs Coach Jamie Dixon:

37 minutes ago, Ting said:

Lunardi still has us this morning as the 12 5 vs Iowa state. Charleston and Duke as another 12 5. https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/bracketology/ncaa-bracketology-2023-march-madness-men-field-predictions

CBS and Palm have us vs TXAM in the 12 5. Would potentially face the 13 Charleston in the second round. https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology/

I would be a little surprised to see them do this from a story-line standpoint. Charleston is 31-3 on the season. It seems that there is more potential benefit to keeping us separate rather than potentially coming together in the second round. One Cinderella knocking another Cinderella out isn't the best way to take advantage of Cinderellas in my estimation.

• Upvote 2

Iowa State looked pretty tough today against Baylor.

I think Miami would also be a really tough matchup but they might move up to a 4 seed if they win again, being the ACC regular season champion. 

13 minutes ago, ManiacAlum said:

Iowa State looked pretty tough today against Baylor.

I think Miami would also be a really tough matchup but they might move up to a 4 seed if they win again, being the ACC regular season champion. 

I agree, Iowa St. has played better since they dismissed that kid and looked really good today, they beat Baylor!!

Miami is also tough, their best player is a guard, Isaiah Wong who's on the final 15 Wooden award list and a player!! They are also a very good team all around, ACC regular season champs are always a good team.

My preferred first round opponent would be TCU, but we just have to just play tough whoever we draw!!

• Upvote 3

I’m looking at the stats for the Iowa State vs. Baylor game. Did they really outrebound Baylor 43-15? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a disparity like that before. 

7 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

I’m looking at the stats for the Iowa State vs. Baylor game. Did they really outrebound Baylor 43-15? I don’t think I’ve ever seen a disparity like that before. 

20-3 on the offensive glass!!

On 3/9/2023 at 10:39 AM, Old Titan said:

TCU, who has been mentioned as a No. 5 vs. ORU as a No. 12, will be without man-child center Eddie Lampkin (for apparently the rest of the year and his career) as he has "stepped away from the program" amidst a Twitter storm involving him, his mom, and Horned Frogs Coach Jamie Dixon:

I read those screen shots.  In a quote attributed to Lampkin's mother, she is asking coach to "Handle US with Christian Values for once."  Remember what a load Eddie was in the paint when we played at TCU last season?  If Eddie is seeking, and also himself reflects, Christian values then I say give Coach Mills a call.  Would love to see Eddie and Patrick in the front court next season.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Miami lost their starting centre in the first few minutes of the game with an ankle injury. It's apparently not a break, but is there ligament damage? Miami was also on the five line. Maybe this game changes things, but maybe not, given the injury. We could see one of those teams.

34 minutes ago, #1ORUFAN said:

Miami just lost to Duke 85-78. Lunardi has Duke as a 5 seed and ORU a 12 seed. 

Here's what I gleaned from watching the Duke-Miami game:  please bring on Creighton, Kentucky or Saint Mary's!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

How many 7-footers does Duke have? Four if I counted right. Shock might have mixed up my math!