ORU Bracketology and rankings for 2023

eagle88

I wonder how Greensboro got a site? It’s a total mystery. /s

• Haha 1

HeatCheckCBB.com is reportedly one of the most accurate prediction sites year-to-year.

They have us playing Kentucky. I've also seen some projections against SDSU. Definitely don't want to play St. Mary's purely because I think the underdog fairs better with unfamiliarity regardless of how much tape is out there.

https://heatcheckcbb.com/bracketology-heat-check-cbb-march-madness-projections/#:~:text=Heat Check CBB's Lukas Harkins,“bubble watch” deep dives.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

I wonder how Greensboro got a site? It’s a total mystery. /s

Greensboro gets a site because of Duke and North Carolina.  Pretty sure one of them will be sent there, most likely Duke.  Would basically be a home game for them.

15 minutes ago, Eli2004 said:

Definitely don't want to play St. Mary's purely because I think the underdog fairs better with unfamiliarity

I don’t think they’ll put us against St Mary’s, but if they do, St Mary’s won’t recognize the current ORU team as the one they played in the season opener. Major progress since then. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ORUTex said:

I don’t think they’ll put us against St Mary’s, but if they do, St Mary’s won’t recognize the current ORU team as the one they played in the season opener. Major progress since then. 

Truth!!

After discussing the best regional to wind up at last night with DJ's mom (extremely sweet lady, these guys all seem to have wonderful parents), I tend to agree with her. We would love to play in Houston!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

For purely selfish reasons I am hoping we get Columbus.  One of the companies I represent already has great seats for both the Friday and Sunday games and I am going with them.  They go all out for this and I already told both the CEO and the CFO that they may have to wear ORU gear. They laughed and said ok.  They followed us closely in our run 2 years ago.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, SonofaLegend said:

After discussing the best regional to wind up at last night with DJ's mom (extremely sweet lady, these guys all seem to have wonderful parents), I tend to agree with her. We would love to play in Houston!

You got me with that one

1 hour ago, ORUTex said:

Wasn't Mwamba injured at the start of the season? He missed several games at the beginning but can't remember if it was after the opener or to start the season.

1 hour ago, Ting said:

Would take Iowa st. Very tough minded team but can go through droughts on the offensive side. I think their best shooter got kicked off team in the last couple of weeks. Grill is his name i believe. 

Not a bad matchup for ORU at all. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, darrenj said:

I think their best shooter got kicked off team in the last couple of weeks. Grill is his name i believe. 

Caleb Grill originally signed with Otzelberger when he was South Dakota State. When Otz left for UNLV Grill followed & then again to the Cyclones.

Coach Mills talks w/Baylor radio.....SL championship, scheduling, potential bracket seeding, Drew, Tang, etc....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

Coach Mills talks w/Baylor radio.....SL championship, scheduling, potential bracket seeding, Drew, Tang, etc....

Starts around the 58 minute mark…

3 hours ago, ORUalum said:

This is a phenomenal interview by Coach Mills!

OSU (needing 2 wins at least to get in) is beating OU 43-33 with 7:48 to go in the second half. This is almost unwatchable. 

• Upvote 1