ORU Bracketology and rankings for 2023

eagle88

8 minutes ago, ManiacAlum said:

Of the 11 teams ranked 22-32 in the AP poll, 6 of them lost this week (#22 TCU, #23 NC State, #25 Florida Atlantic, #26 Missouri, #28 Illinois, #31 Oklahoma St).

And a couple others, #29 Pitt and #30 Nevada have tough road games this weekend (also, TCU and OSU play each other).

Any chance ORU gets enough votes to break the top 25?

Maybe but they gotta win first. Stay intense eagles!!💪💪

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jmg1984 said:

Maybe but they gotta win first. Stay intense eagles!!💪💪

Definitely! Why can't we play 2 good halves?? When I started typing we were up by 20 lol. Finish strong 💪 

• Like 2

Not the way ORU is playing tonight....geez......🤢

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yeah it seems like that thought even crossing my mind immediately jinxed it. One possession win over the last place team ain't gonna cut it.

4 minutes ago, ManiacAlum said:

Yeah it seems like that thought even crossing my mind immediately jinxed it. One possession win over the last place team ain't gonna cut it.

Nope have crush them both halves!!

• Like 1

I do feel less bad after just watching previous ORU opponent #17 St. Marys stumble to the finish line at 11-17 San Diego. The Gaels did not score the last 7 minutes of the game but survived to win 62-59 after leading by 19 at the half.

5 minutes ago, ManiacAlum said:

I do feel less bad after just watching previous ORU opponent #17 St. Marys stumble to the finish line at 11-17 San Diego. The Gaels did not score the last 7 minutes of the game but survived to win 62-59 after leading by 19 at the half.

And Denver blew a nice lead at home to lose to SDSU tonight

8 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Yes! Been waiting for this image. It’s a really fun visual for us - while other teams’ fans shrug and say, “So what?” They are actually super jealous. 😁#sourgrapes

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Creighton with Baylor Cryermann in a 5/12 match-up?  Yes, please! 

I would LOVE that matchup

ORU could beat Creighton....watched them lose at Providence the other night in a great 2OT battle and the Friars are another team that we could see in the NCAA First Round if we qualify....so how bad does the Liberty loss last night hurt ORU in the NET rankings?...at least St. Mary held on.....:circle-logoi:

NET Ranking dropped from 37 to 43. Winning by a larger margin possibly could have helped.

• Upvote 1

ORU deserves to get dropped 6 spots for almost blowing a 27 point 2nd half lead vs. a Summit League bottom feeder....that wasn't a Power Five team in the green uniforms last night.....thought that only happens in the NBA....😮

On 2/16/2023 at 9:26 AM, Old Titan said:

Again, it is possible to be a No. 11 and not play in Dayton - most years, there are SIX No. 11's; four of them comprise the "Last Four In" at-large teams playing in Dayton, the other two simply play against No. 6's in the traditional first round.

Here's a bracket from today with ORU as a "stand alone" No. 11 as previously discussed; in this case matched-up with No. 6 Providence.

Personally I would prefer to be a "12" rather than an "11", since with a win it draws a "4" instead of a "3" in the second round, but that's just splitting hairs:  ANY second-round game would  a really tough opponent (barring an unpredictable first-round upset).

• Upvote 1

If ORU wins the Summit League tournament and is in fact a 12-Seed as projected, the NCAA Committee announced today that the current No. 5 Seeds that ORU might face are:

• Creighton
  • Miami
  • Connecticut
  • Saint Mary's

• Upvote 1