21-22 Schedule

Keenan Henderson

Still....a Baylor vs. ORU at Mabee Center has a nice sound to it....come on, Bears....what do you have to be afraid of????:shield-logo:

On 7/12/2021 at 4:32 PM, jmg1984 said:

Good memory eagleman ORU won on a neutral court 118-108 73-74 season

118-108!!  with no shot clock and no 3 point line, that's what put ORU on the map!!!

Bring back the flame! 

• Like 2

Run and gun, baby.....bring it back along with the flame!!!....:circle-logoi:

Does it make me a bad person that, as a figurative and literal “old Titan”, I don’t miss the flame?

All symbolism aside, I just think it’s kinda boring, at least in its original design.

Sorry….

stand disagree GIF

10 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Does it make me a bad person that, as a figurative and literal “old Titan”, I don’t miss the flame?

All symbolism aside, I just think it’s kinda boring, at least in its original design.

Sorry….

Et tu, Old Titan?

10 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Sorry….

stand disagree GIF

Yes.  Clearly you're a bad person, OT  : ) 

The flame logo, boring?  Is it more boring than this?

image.png.9003a4edc854d5ee4ebd62a8ae02bc07.png

I see the flame as being unique, especially on the jersey, slightly separating the OR from the U.  And the symbolism of the Holy Spirit/Prayer Tower, and obviously from our glory days.  The flame is just vintage, old school and cool, to me.  Just my opinion.

We're still friends, OT.

Rob

19 minutes ago, ORob1 said:

I see the flame as being unique, especially on the jersey, slightly separating the OR from the U.  And the symbolism of the Holy Spirit/Prayer Tower, and obviously from our glory days.  The flame is just vintage, old school and cool, to me.  Just my opinion.

We're still friends, OT.

Rob

Right on. 1,000%. There is nothing unique about the current logo/mascot. 

Nothing.

Honestly, there is nothing inherently unique about a majority of the logos in college basketball. The play on the court is what builds the "recognizable uniqueness" of the brand.  

1 hour ago, ORob1 said:

We're still friends, OT.

Rob

How about an NBA Jam theme, he’s on fire mode, with flames. The O turning into a roundball lookalike and the U resembling a net, both with flames

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, vcboy2000 said:

Honestly, there is nothing inherently unique about a majority of the logos in college basketball. The play on the court is what builds the "recognizable uniqueness" of the brand.  

I get what you are saying, but I think there are some really cool logo's and mascots out there. 

45 minutes ago, Ting said:

How about an NBA Jam theme, he’s on fire mode, with flames. The O turning into a roundball lookalike and the U resembling a net, both with flames

LOL - you sound like you're sitting at the dinner table with Ricky Bobby's family, describing their favorite version of Jesus.

Was there a Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute band?  Were you in a tuxedo t-shirt, hammered??

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, vcboy2000 said:

Agreed, it is the on court performance that is the ultimate measure. But, you cant discount tradition! You don't see the schools like Bama, OU of Notre Dame who believe their name and logo speak for itself changing much of anything. And a lot of big schools have gone back to their old logos like the Florida Gators, going back to old sort of flying F. (my daughter is Univ. of FL graduate so I'm very familiar with the Gators, she graciously relaxed her school loyalties and let old Dad have his fun during the NCAA tourney game!!!) 

Re-incorporating the flame into the uniform would would be a great nod to tradition and our alumni, who seem to want it back (informal poll of course) and the current students will thinks retro and cool!

There's also a great opportunity to sell a whole lot of new merchandise, just saying...  

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Now, about that 2021-22 schedule... 😉

LOL - Guilty as charged!

Spider-Man Reaction GIF

2 hours ago, eagle88 said:

How about bring the flame back and Richard singing Turn it Around!

How about the Richard and the World Action Singers singing Celebrate?   That was a highlight. 

• Haha 1

How about our new theme song for each game, have Richard and the World Action Singers performing “Something good is going to happen to you”.  We might even get Kathie Lee Gifford to join in.

If I’m bringing back Richard and the flame the word effigy will somehow be involved. Sorry.