21-22 Schedule

Keenan Henderson

3 hours ago, Old Titan said:

In what way?

TU fans on their message board have so far been a little disappointed - even concerned - at Carson’s indifference so far toward TU Athletics in general, and their moribund basketball situation in particular.

Not a good sign for a school facing a myriad of financial burdens athletically in the face of their quixotic pursuit of D1 football relevance, plus a suddenly-precarious conference affiliation landscape.

If I were a TU fan I would be disappointed too. Brad Carson is a big time liberal who to my knowledge has never run a business or understands the free enterprise system. Like OU found out with David Boren I predict TU with Brad Carson will run into the same troubles. I hope I'm wrong.

2 hours ago, eagle88 said:

If I were a TU fan I would be disappointed too. Brad Carson is a big time liberal who to my knowledge has never run a business or understands the free enterprise system. Like OU found out with David Boren I predict TU with Brad Carson will run into the same troubles. I hope I'm wrong.

I think everyone associated with TU hopes Brad Carson can be half as effective as Boren was for OU.

Wow Old Titan, you are truly elevating the level of dialogue with words such as: moribund, myriad, quixotic and precarious.  I might have to get out the dictionary when reading the missives of such an erudite entity.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Midway thru August and still no OOC sked.....is the new ORU AD on vacation in Cancun this month??....:circle-logoi:

Good news: the Rainbow Classic in Honolulu still has an opening for a team.  Coach Mills is just taking a lot longer with the schedule so the guys can get ready for Hawaii 😄! It would be a nice thank you for what the team did last year (Sweet 16)

17 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Good news: the Rainbow Classic in Honolulu still has an opening for a team.  Coach Mills is just taking a lot longer with the schedule so the guys can get ready for Hawaii 😄! It would be a nice thank you for what the team did last year (Sweet 16)

Unfortunately, it won't happen for this year.  The Rainbow Classic is scheduled for November 10-13, and ORU Homecoming weekend is November 12-13.  The Homecoming game will also likely be the first game in the newly-remodeled Mabee Center.

Forget homecoming, let the guys go to Hawaii 😂! Just having a little fun on this weekend afternoon

For those wondering when the final schedule might be announced, bear in mind that last year's 25-game COVID-hampered campaign was not released until November 11th; just two weeks before the first game (at Missouri),

It featured only nine non-conference games, two of which were eventually cancelled (home games with Tulsa and at Texas-Arlington), and did not include any exhibition games.

Curious to see if this year's slate is more conventional than last, or if it will once again be late, exhibition-less, and truncated.

Just found this on Twitter:  Kelly Hines of the Tulsa World posted on Thursday that ORU will host Tulsa on Monday, November 29th, which means the students should be back on campus following Thanksgiving break.

Wow, OSU on the Friday night after Thanksgiving, and TU just 72 hours later - what a great stretch of local college basketball on display this season in the refurbished Mabee Center! 

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

For those wondering when the final schedule might be announced, bear in mind that last year's 25-game COVID-hampered campaign was not released until November 11th; just two weeks before the first game (at Missouri),

It featured only nine non-conference games, two of which were eventually cancelled (home games with Tulsa and at Texas-Arlington), and did not include any exhibition games.

Curious to see if this year's slate is more conventional than last, or if it will once again be late, exhibition-less, and truncated.

I would think it will be a normal full scheduled since 2 of our OOC opponents UT-Arlington put out heir OOC schedule on 8-5-2021 and TU put out their 13 game OOC schedule on 8-12-2020 and we play them them at the Mabee  Center on 11-29-2021

Here's TU's official release of their non-conference schedule:

Unfortunate conflict for that Thanksgiving holiday Friday:  TU hosting Arkansas-Little Rock the same night as Oklahoma State facing ORU in the Mabee Center.

Of course, if somehow the Golden Eagles defeat the Cowboys, while across town the Golden Hurricane falls to the Trojans, the TU Health Sciences Department may feel obligated to offer free grief counseling in the Reynolds Center parking lot all weekend leading up to Monday's ORU-TU clash...

That's actually an nice OOC schedule for the crosstown whiners....wish ORU could get some of those teams to visit Mabee Center......oh well....our day will be coming.....:circle-logoi:

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

That's actually an nice OOC schedule for the crosstown whiners....wish ORU could get some of those teams to visit Mabee Center......oh well....our day will be coming.....:circle-logoi:

Yeah you would think that some of those teams on Tulsa's home schedule that are coming from a long way away (LMU, Oregon State or Air Force) would want to stay a few extra days and come to the Mabee Center.  It seems that Cal Baptist did that a few years ago when they played ORU and Tulsa back to back.

For you locals, who go to the home games, at least you have some interesting matchups to look forward to this year instead of just non D1 teams.  That home schedule has been brutal the last few years for ORU.