Max Abmas / Mock Drafts

ORUalum

ESPN 2 will show five-on-five games on the 24th of June while the following day's games will be broadcast on ESPNU. These will be at 3PM and 7PM ET each day.

I think Abmas plays at 7:00 tonight. Not sure though

13 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

ESPN 2 will show five-on-five games on the 24th of June while the following day's games will be broadcast on ESPNU. These will be at 3PM and 7PM ET each day.

I think Abmas plays at 7:00 tonight. Not sure though

Max is on Team 4, which plays at 4:00pm Central today on ESPN2...

Max does not get the start; I can only imagine how confused he feels on the bench, considering he virtually never came out of the game this past season. #WhereDoISit?

Will Ferrell Taladega Nights GIF

ESPN2 ticker --- Max ABRAMS

nice shout out by Coach Drew for Max as the player to watch on the court

Somebody needs to talk to the ESPN director in the truck:  every time Max checks into the game, they cut to a commercial, then return to the action just in time for a timeout...

Frustrated Come On GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

Max is on Team 4, which plays at 4:00pm Central today on ESPN2...

Thank you

16 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Somebody needs to talk to the ESPN director in the truck:  every time Max checks into the game, they cut to a commercial, then return to the action just in time for a timeout...

Frustrated Come On GIF by Saturday Night Live

Frustrating 

Overall impression:  in this first outing, Max looks physically overmatched out there.

Oh, sure, he's had a couple of nice moments, but he hasn't made the kind of splash he needs in order to justify a first-round pick.  Had a floater in the lane rejected; came off a screen and shot the worst airball I've ever seen from him (a foot short), and got beaten badly off the dribble by bigger, stronger guards.  One positive:  he did run down 3 or 4 long rebounds, a skill which I don't think he gets enough credit for.

Perhaps Friday Max will look a little more comfortable, but if I'm an NBA GM, I would be taking hard looks at the 14-year-old triple-double machine Preston from Ohio, or the man-child big Queta from Utah State who looks like the second coming of Ben Wallace, for my late first-round-to-early-second-round picks.

21 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Overall impression:  in this first outing, Max looks physically overmatched out there.

Oh, sure, he's had a couple of nice moments, but he hasn't made the kind of splash he needs in order to justify a first-round pick.  Had a floater in the lane rejected; came off a screen and shot the worst airball I've ever seen from him (a foot short), and got beaten badly off the dribble by bigger, stronger guards.

Perhaps Friday Max will look a little more comfortable, but if I'm an NBA GM, I would be taking hard looks at the 14-year-old triple-double machine Preston from Ohio, or the man-child big Queta from Utah State who looks like the second coming of Ben Wallace, for my late first-round-to-early-second-round picks.

I hope for Max’s sake that this is one of OT’s reverse jinxes!

20 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Oh, sure, he's had a couple of nice moments, but he hasn't made the kind of splash he needs in order to justify a first-round pick.  Had a floater in the lane rejected; came off a screen and shot the worst airball I've ever seen from him (a foot short), and got beaten badly off the dribble by bigger, stronger guards.  One positive:  he did run down 3 or 4 long rebounds, a skill which I don't think he gets enough credit for.

Good call OT.  Max has not seen this type of competition, except maybe in the NCAA tournament.  It may it take him awhile to raise his game.  He is no longer in the Summit League!

2 minutes ago, ORUTex said:

I hope for Max’s sake that this is one of OT’s reverse jinxes!

That all depends on whether you think I want him to stay in the draft or not...or if I don't...lol

11 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Good call OT.  Max has not seen this type of competition, except maybe in the NCAA tournament.  It may it take him awhile to raise his game.  He is no longer in the Summit League!

One thing that hurt Max today was not having Kevin, Francis, Deshang, & Co. setting picks out top for him, looking to set him up.

In contrast, today you knew he wasn't even going to see the ball as long as he was on the floor with Cristopher from Arizona State or Grimes from Houston - those guys are what you call "ball dominant".  LOL

• Upvote 2

I didn't see any of the game - but the box score does not look very efficient. He had similar FGA / minutes to everyone else.

Unfortunately, the agility / strength results do not look great either:

Drill Type Max Abmas Results Median PG Results Mean PG Results NOTE
LANE AGILITY TIME  (SECONDS) 10.9             11.02         11.11 Better than Average
SHUTTLE RUN  (SECONDS) 3.49               3.16           3.20 Worse than Avg. & Worst for PG
THREE QUARTER SPRINT  (SECONDS) 3.12               3.11           3.10 Worse than Avg.
STANDING VERTICAL LEAP  (INCHES) 28.5             30.75         30.88 Worse than Avg. & Worst for PG
MAX VERTICAL LEAP  (INCHES) 32.5             37.25         36.75 Worse than Avg. & Worst for PG

https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/combine-strength-agility/

Hope he's able to shoot well in the next scrimmage!

• Upvote 2