Coaching Carousel 2010

Dr. Cornelius

A person close to both the program and Coach Sutton told me this week he doubted Scott would leave for any job right now, due to his current comfort level at ORU.

I said incredulously, "Any job??"

To which he nodded emphatically and smiled, "Any job." :o

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• ORUTerry

• tmh8286

• theeagleman5

A person close to both the program and Coach Sutton told me this week he doubted Scott would leave for any job right now, due to his current comfort level at ORU.

I said incredulously, "Any job??"

To which he nodded emphatically and smiled, "Any job." :o

I'd love to see your "incredulous" look OT - :o or :^) or :?: or :wasntme: or :worried: , or maybe even :drunk: ???

Gillispie has definitely been around plenty of Texas HS games during February and March ... he will definitely have guys ready to go with him wherever he lands this spring.

Charlotte and Central Florida both fire longtime head coaches today.

I could see Doug Wojcik making the lateral move to Charlotte in a heartbeat - chance for a fresh start.

He appears to have worn out his welcome with the TU faithful; simply hanging on for dear life right now with a lot of their fans.

Todd Lickliter out at Iowa, along with the head coach at Toledo this past Friday.

Other openings this past week include UC Irvine, Louisiana-Lafayette, and Central Arkansas (already filled by ex-Razorback star Corliss Williamson).

Sutton's roots seem to have grown so deep at ORU that I have a feeling not only his comfort level but intense desire to take the program to a level it hasn't been to in a long time keeps him pretty focused on the task at hand rather than peeking over the fence.

Seton Hall showed no heart at all last night vs. Texas Tech at home....a disgraceful performance...... :P

Gonzales is out at Seton Hall.... what goes around, comes a round. Good riddance.

Link to CBSSportsline.com Story

I wonder how Jeremy Hazell likes this one!! It will be interesting to see who gets the SHU job and whether they continue to allow Hazell to shoot at will like Gonzales allowed.

even more on how out of control seton hall basketball had become.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/2010/03/18/2010-03-18_gonzalez_often_out_of_control_and_now_out_of_job_too.html

"I like to win, but athletics never exist to besmirch the university."

--Monsignor Robert Sheeran

reading articles like these make you all the more grateful for Coach Sutton and his staff...

Recap of article: Norm brought integrety back to our program. We want integrety, but not at the cost of winning.

Name of the game in D-I coaching:

"We want to hire someone who has a record of success of getting into the NCAA tournament," [AD Chris] Monasch said.

Eyebrow-lifter of the article:

"Monasch said the school is ready to offer a salary that could place the new coach among the highest-paid in the country."

kind of good news. i guess i figured he was eventually going to end up at TU.

Billie G is getting ready to take off at Houston as he will have some loaded teams there. With him there and what Memphis is doing in recruiting TU is on the outside looking in.