Coaching Carousel 2010

Dr. Cornelius

Ernie Kent is out at Oregon and they will probably make a run at Oregon native and alum Mark Few. Oregon offered Few in the past but he turned them down to stay in Spokane... but Oregon does have Phil Knight on their side.

Pelphrey at Arkansas & Lickliter at Iowa may also be out.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• ORUTerry

• tmh8286

• theeagleman5

Other names for the Oregon job have included Steve Alford at New Mexico and Mark Turgeon at Texas A&M - if one of those jobs opens up, have to wonder if either Scott Sutton or Doug Wojcik makes at least the preliminary list.

Meanwhile, is John Pelphrey "on the clock" after Arkansas dropped it's sixth game in a row last night in the SEC tournament against sub-.500 Georgia? "HWSNBN" ends the season with just 4 points in the game, going 0-fer from 3-point land.

To think that the Razorbacks finished 14-18, against that cupcake-of-the-week non-conference schedule and a weakened SEC, is incredible. Can't imagine anyone is happy about the basketball program in Fayetteville right now.

If Tulsa makes the tourney look for Woj to take the best job he can find to get out of Tulsa. Can't see him getting a Tx&M type of job .

Can't imagine Pelphrey getting another year but you never know. They won't be any better next year and i don't think Rotnei likes playing with Fortson as he doesn't get as many shots. I would think he would transfer out if Pelphrey gets canned.(Maybe Gonzaga!)Be a good spot for him.

Speaking of the Zags; wonder if GJ Villarano will transfer out after this year as i don't think he had being the 12th man on the team in mind when he picked them and he is not going to start next year either.

Would be a very good player at the ORU level.

I was really wrong on Chris Babb as he is playing well for Penn st. this year.

I think Woj is a great fit for TU. I hope he doesn't leave. I like having him at 11th & Harvard. Stay, Woj! Please! :rofl:

I think Woj is a great fit for TU. I hope he doesn't leave. I like having him at 11th & Harvard. Stay, Woj! Please! :rofl:

Yes. Stay for life... :D:D:D

Other names for the Oregon job have included Steve Alford at New Mexico and Mark Turgeon at Texas A&M

I can see Alford, but is Oregon really a step up from A&M?

They were dicussing that very point here in Houston a couple of mornings ago...most don't think it would be.

Seems like A&M would be a much better job-- low expectations, and very good support $$$

Ernie Kent was all over the place at Oregon. Went to 2 Elite Eights, but finished Tied for 5th or worse in the Pac-10 nine times in 13 seasons.

Oregon is building that $200 million arena though, too bad they're replacing MacArthur Court, one of the most historic buildings in college hoops

TU + Wojcik = perfect together....time for a lifetime contract.... :lol:

Is Oregon a step up from New Mexico in basketball?

Boise State fired Greg Graham after eight generally mediocre seasons today. Could impact the overall coaching carousel.

I may have a contrary opinion to many on this board about Doug Wojcik. I actually think he is good for Tulsa. I believe his record has improved every year he has been at Tulsa (except maybe this year) and he coaches very good defense. I think if Tulsa canned Wojcik the next coach they hired would be worse. The TU fans seem to have forgotten the John Phillips situation. Not every coaching change is a good thing.

TheEagleman understands your point, Jason....Wojcik is probably a good coach....it's just that from his radio interviews, press conferences and general comments....he sounds like a complete tool...... |( ......glad that ORU has a class act like Scott Sutton... :clap:

Tubby Smith came out and said he wasn't interested in Oregon

Hawaii fires Bob Nash

Norm Roberts is out at St. Johns.

Even after Houston made the NCAA Tournament the rumor is Tom Penders will retire from Houston. Billy Gillispie is already being named as a replacement.

I heard somewhere that Gillispie has been recruiting (even though he does not have a team) and will be able to bring players with him wherever he lands.

I heard somewhere that Gillispie has been recruiting (even though he does not have a team) and will be able to bring players with him wherever he lands.

Now THAT'S self-confidence. Recruit a team when you don't even have a job.

I wonder exactly how he sells THAT?

He is selling himself. Gillispie knows a lot of Texas high school basketball coaches.

Other names for the Oregon job have included Steve Alford at New Mexico and Mark Turgeon at Texas A&M - if one of those jobs opens up, have to wonder if either Scott Sutton or Doug Wojcik makes at least the preliminary list.

Would Coach Sutton leave before he could get the school record of 214 wins that Trickey has? :(