Re: Spring 2009 Signees Thread

Old Titan

Hey, how did this become a TU thread?

Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin again the work of remaking [This Thread].  (Applause.)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• ORUTerry

• darrenj

• theeagleman5

It was good news to hear that Javier signed today.  It's good to have 2 6'10" recruits coming in.

I hope to hear tomorrow that Michael Craion is also officially in the fold.

They needed the big guys coming in next year to help up front.

Craion will suprise people when you see him.  Very long good athlete that will lock guys down. It would be nice to get a few more guys out of that juco as they put out some nice players.

If TU pt is good next year should be their best team in a long while. They make the tourney and Woj is gone to the best job he can find.

A lot of people would be happy if your prediction came true, darrenj, around our league and at 11th and Harvard.  Now I think a lot of those people are pretty confused.  There is some pretty interesting stuff being said in our recruiting, but it's probably just coach speak.

TU is school where coaches don't come to build a program, but to step onto the Small stage for an audition toward the Big Stage.

TU is school where coaches don't come to build a program, but to step onto the Small stage for an audition toward the Big Stage.

I think you can say that about coaches for 75% of all schools

Maybe even more than that.  :|

I thought there was no way Cal would leave Memphis for Kentucky.  He had such a great thing going in Memphis. 

It's even worse in football.

Some of the volatility is a sad reflection on our society's values, as I see it.  I understand why some of these coaches have no loyalty, but the whole Gillispie thing still sort of bugs me.  He's a great coach.  But they had no money wasting millions to get rid of him.

You can't fault these folks for trying to make a buck.  But I don't think fans should be faulted for wishing it wasn't always about money.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Hunter and Javier at the mall yesterday. Its crazy how much Hunter just doesn't look like a kid you would expect to be such a filthy ball player. The only reason I even realized it was him was because of the 6'9 guy he was hanging out with.

I saw Hunter and Javier at the mall yesterday. Its crazy how much Hunter just doesn't look like a kid you would expect to be such a filthy ball player. The only reason I even realized it was him was because of the 6'9 guy he was hanging out with.

Now, see, I would have thought HM would be pretty recognizable after starring in all those High School Musical movies...  :wink:

0739_hsc-46292.JPG

hunter.jpg

TheEagleman thinks this kid is going to be a REALLY good player for ORU.....can't wait to watch him.... :wink: