ORU vs SDSU

MrsSmith

Oh, c'mon now!!

That's a bit harsh.

Satan worshiper's, maybe - but that's it...  :wink:

We joke. But, if a ref comes from a CONSERVATIVE Church of Christ or Baptist upbringing all his life and has a personal disdain for the "theology" taught by the pentecostal/charismatic churches, do you not think that he comes into an ORU game with AT LEAST a negative sub-concious toward ORU teams?

There has to be SOMETHING to my theory. Aren't the Flying Wegenke's responsible for that charge "abortion" at Oakland?

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• bballmangc

• OKC Eagle

• ORUTerry

Tell me this - is there a CONFERENCE IN THE COUNTRY where head fake=travel like in the Summit League??  I get SO SICK of this shoddy officiating ruse.  In order for a travel to occur, BOTH FEET have to come totally off the ground, then back down again, right?  Even IF one foot came off of the floor, it's still not a travel.  EVEN if a player rocks up on his toes, but doesn't leave his feet, no travel, right?  But time after time you can see NO MOVEMENT of the feet at all, much less a lift completely off the ground, and a travel is called. 

It absolutely drives me nuts.

Tell me this - is there a CONFERENCE IN THE COUNTRY where head fake=travel like in the Summit League??  I get SO SICK of this shoddy officiating ruse.  In order for a travel to occur, BOTH FEET have to come totally off the ground, then back down again, right?  Even IF one foot came off of the floor, it's still not a travel.  EVEN if a player rocks up on his toes, but doesn't leave his feet, no travel, right?  But time after time you can see NO MOVEMENT of the feet at all, much less a lift completely off the ground, and a travel is called. 

I made a point to watch for this after the first time you mentioned it. Rogers was called for NUMEROUS travels this season due to this "problem."

Summit refs wouldnt make it out of a lot of places alive calling some of the garbage that they do. I guess that's why a lot of them are still in the Summit  :|

Thats another one of those calls where our guys start looking afraid to move

Summit refs wouldnt make it out of a lot of places alive calling some of the garbage that they do. I guess that's why a lot of them are still in the Summit  :|

Thats another one of those calls where our guys start looking afraid to move

Exactly!!  If they get called for a travel every time they attempt a head fake, pretty soon they quit using the head fake!! It doesn't take too many deals like that to take a player totally out of his game.  I believe Marcus Lewis was called for more undeserved travels than anyone in the country this season.  I'd love to have about a dozen cameras positioned around to isolate players, like they do in football games, to see how many calls are actually wrong when it comes to head fake=travel.

Actually, there's been a discussion of officiating going on over on the NDSU board the past couple days as well.  They've got a couple of people that are officials themselves defending the refs, saying that it's way tougher than it looks, and that the Summit League officials are actually way better than we give them credit for.  I'm not sure about that  :| . . .

The next time I see a Summit ref reward a freakin' POST player for falling down on defense like a woman after they've been leaning on our guys all night, I'm literally going to walk onto the court (ala the dude from the Providence game), make that official give me his whistle and tell him to sit in the corner.

Now I want to SEE that . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, there's been a discussion of officiating going on over on the NDSU board the past couple days as well.  They've got a couple of people that are officials themselves defending the refs, saying that it's way tougher than it looks, and that the Summit League officials are actually way better than we give them credit for.  I'm not sure about that  :| . . .

I would love for one of those refs to come onto this board and defend Summit League officiating. I wonder what it takes to get certified to call games in North Dakota? A valid drivers license?

Oh, and I'm sure they have no problem with the officiating right now  :roll: They're on cloud nine...but I'm willing to bet money there were some bad calls that almost got them beat on saturday. They won't admit that right now though.

Summit officiating stunk when we were in the middle of winning the league every year (and we always talked about it then) and it stinks now. It's just that much more frustrating when it contributes to a loss.

Now I want to SEE that . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't tempt me, TMH! I will do it!  :-D

I kid you not - this is from Bisonville today - the road to Sioux Falls:

latest.jpg

Don't they ever have spring up there???

Talk is, the Bison fans could get to Sioux Falls and get snowed in before they can get out of town after Tuesday's game!!

Don't they ever have spring up there???

Sure they do:  it's called Fourth of July.

They shoot off fireworks and have cookouts in celebration.

And the next day, they get two feet of snow and winter starts.

We joke. But, if a ref comes from a CONSERVATIVE Church of Christ or Baptist upbringing all his life and has a personal disdain for the "theology" taught by the pentecostal/charismatic churches, do you not think that he comes into an ORU game with AT LEAST a negative sub-concious toward ORU teams?

There has to be SOMETHING to my theory. Aren't the Flying Wegenke's responsible for that charge "abortion" at Oakland?

No, that was Dan Nowakowski, the lead ref last Saturday and vs. NDSU.

No, that was Dan Nowakowski, the lead ref last Saturday and vs. NDSU.

I rest my case...  :x

Last night was a tough one for all of us to swallow.

The initial game plan just wasn't working and we made a great minor adjustment by picking up SDSU full court. It helped us go on a 15-0 run not because we played great defense but because we found a way to increase our own effort.

SDSU couldn't handle our athleticism and they started making mistakes. We start getting the ball to the rim and that's how we took over.

However, we went back to what didn't work and SDSU got back into the game immediately. We had our foot on their neck and we "called the dogs off" for no apparent reason in my opinion.

ORU Little Sister wants to pin the loss on players. That's fine. That is his way of leadership.

My belief is that coaches take the heat for losses and pass the praise to players when they win. That's a theory many coaches and great leaders take when it comes to taking blame and rewarding results.

We let off the gas last night. The game had a chance to be over before the crowd and refs took over.

We just let them off the hook last night.

I would think your idea of leadership is being supportive of and respectful to those for whom you work and and are paid to promote, but you've proven time and time again that that's not the case.

I would think your idea of leadership is being supportive of and respectful to those for whom you work and and are paid to promote, but you've proven time and time again that that's not the case.

Boy, if there was EVER a line of discussion between two combatants that needs to be taken "off line", once and for all, this is it!

I propose pistols, at twenty paces.

Or, me and Voice could split off with you two for a tag-team, steel cage death match.

Now, THAT would sell some tickets!!  :-D

Boy, if there was EVER a line of discussion between two combatants that needs to be taken "off line", once and for all, this is it!

I propose pistols, at twenty paces.

Or, me and Voice could split off with you two for a tag-team, steel cage death match.

Now, THAT would sell some tickets!!  :-D

I'll take voice... no offense, but he is younger! (I think)

Yeah, but he's nursing a bad back - for pushing "three bills", I'm pretty damn spry!  :lol:

Man, OT, you can't get ANY respect around here!!

+1 for everyone in this conversation it just made my public speaking class at finger lakes community college that much better.... to hear a joke about the cold, and i took it and used it as an upstate ny joke... FANTASTIC :mrgreen: