• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bballmangc

• donkeylarry

• ORU Eli

• wakeflip1

Top Posters In This Topic

Not meant to taunt, I just see this as being NDSU's to win or lose at this point.

I agree, seems like some people don't want to talk to fans of opposing teams, especially after we just lost!

Hey I completely understand.  I'm not always ready to talk to some who come on our board after our football team drops one either.

Allright, help a slower brother out here.  I know I'm not as smart as the rest of you, see my signature, but if you used RPI's, Sagarins, Pomeroys (whoever he is) and conventional wisdom it would appear that a very likely outcome is that NDSU and ORU end up tied with two league losses.  It isn't a guarantee but it seems likely.

So when BisonBurger99 or whoever says it is "NDSU"s to take" (his substitution of a quotation mark for an apostrophe, not mine) is that because he assumes that we will lose at IPFW or can't defend our homecourt on 2/28?  Or is there some in depth analysis of tie breakers that says if we do end up tied, NDSU gets the number one seed?  Or is there something else I'm missing? 

Just kind of confused at what's driving the hubris.  :?

Okay, Otis, here's the scoop - IF both teams were to win out from this time forward, except for an NDSU loss to ORU in the final game of the season, then the teams would have identical records, each having won one game against each other and each having one loss to Oakland. 

By tiebreaker rules, in this scenario the deciding factor is RPI.  Since NDSU has higher RPI than we do, and that is likely to change little from this point forward, they win the regular season championship by tie-breaker. 

Of course, either team losing any games from here on out throws this calculation all out of whack :wink:!

Thanks.  I somehow knew if there is a good explanation, and there is, that it would come from you, who I affectionately refer to as Dr. RPI when I talk to myself about the message board. 

So it may not be hubris after all.

Thanks.  I somehow knew if there is a good explanation, and there is, that it would come from you, who I affectionately refer to as Dr. RPI when I talk to myself about the message board. 

So it may not be hubris after all.

Not completely  :| . . .

'SOME of the ORU fans' being referred to in this thread is just one fan- ME. I read everything posted on this board, and our fans have been very respectful of the success that NDSU has had up to this point this season.

I was the one who suggested that Bison fans were getting ahead of themselves with the ridiculous talk about running the table and getting 10-seeds. I stand by that and I'm always here ready to discuss :wink:

NDSU fans coming over here to talk trash after beating Western to take a one game lead in early Feb. just shows that they havent been there before.

Like Germane posted earlier- did you expect ORU and Oakland to just roll over and hand the title to a team who hasn't proven anything?? I don't think they hand out trophies the first week of February. We've won 4 straight championships and havent lost at home in conference in over 4 years. That's not being entitled, that's just a fact.

Hey, if NDSU comes to Tulsa and pulls off the unthinkable, and wins the regular season, etc., then I will give them credit. I, personally, just don't think it will happen. There's just too much basketball left and things change quickly. We've seen it happen just about every year... ORU lost the 2 road games we expected to lose this year, we'll be just fine.

I seriously doubt NDSU is going to come in here and be the first conference team ever to win on "Senior Night".

Even Bryce Drew's Valpo team that went to the Sweet Sixteen couldn't do it.

And they were a heck of a lot better than NDSU is this year, plus that ORU team wasn't nearly as good as our squad this season.

Win on senior night at the Mabee Center? I'm still more concerned with winning at IUPUI on Saturday, I like our chances with UMKC, SUU, and SDSU at home but that game with IUPUI should be a real battle.

Bisonbacker just settle down a little bit, the team is playing great ball but I don't think we have done anything to brag yet. at least on this board. We also lost at Oakland and we also haven't won at the Mabee Center.

Win on senior night at the Mabee Center? I'm still more concerned with winning at IUPUI on Saturday, I like our chances with UMKC, SUU, and SDSU at home but that game with IUPUI should be a real battle.

Bisonbacker just settle down a little bit, the team is playing great ball but I don't think we have done anything to brag yet. at least on this board. We also lost at Oakland and we also haven't won at the Mabee Center.

good post fargo.  gl to you all the rest of the season.  Oh, and please lose on Saturday.  Thanks :-D

I can't wait for the game on Feb. 28... Senior Night... Bobblehead Night... Wear Blue... Huge Crowd...

Maybe I can talk my wife into another road trip...

TheEagleman is not going to be surprised if the Bison lose at IUPUI tomorrow night....it very well could happen after we pound IPFW in the afternoon and then it's all tied up again in the loss column....Unless we suffer some serious injury to a major contributor like Ford, Lewis or Jarvis....NDSU is just not going to waltz into Mabee and end our winning streak....not gonna happen....these eskimos don't have any idea what it's like to play a huge conference game on the road under that kind of pressure....a loss at IUPUI tomorrow night will put them back in their hole....guaranteed......most likely the battle for first place will not be decided until 2/28 in Tulsa... :wink:

I can't wait for the game on Feb. 28... Senior Night... Bobblehead Night... Wear Blue... Huge Crowd...

SWEET bobblehead!!!

Hopefully this VIP Night and couch deal is going to be closer to the court than my seat.  Hopefully close enough to get a foot or leg over the baseline if necessary.  I'm already resting my throat for the 28th and on a strict tea and honey beverage diet to get my voice in shape - ok, ok also maybe the occasional beer or 12.  Isn't that what the American Idol kids do?

Anyway we can find out what ref's we are going to have for that evening? I might want to send some anonymous flowers or Valentine's gifts.