ORU @ Oakland Game Thread

ORU Eli

Apparently we don't have the athleticism.  Unbelievable.

ORU doesn't have a point guard

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bballmangc

• donkeylarry

• ORU Eli

• wakeflip1

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win for Oakland.  Can't take that away from them.  They showed up.  Maybe this will be good for us and spark a late push of intensity for the stretch.

Looks like OU wanted this one real bad!

Of course making all those 3 pointers doesn't hurt, either!

Congrats to the Grizz....sounds like they earned it....gotta regroup and get a W at IPFW Sat. night....i guess the boys just didn't have it tonight....somebody made the comment about a point guard....in games like this one, it hurts not having a true experienced guy running the offense.....Jarvis isn't the guy..... :|

Let's face it - OU played well.  When you shoot 50 percent from the arc, get WAY too many second-chance shots, and have an excellent point guard who can create the offense, you deserve to win.  I feel that this is a game that Oakland won rather than we lost.  It will prepare us well for the tourney - I just hope it doesn't cost us the #1 seed.

IPFW and IUPUI won....we have to play a lot better to win Saturday night...hopefully, Sutton rallies the troops!.... :|

Props to the Grizzlies.  Not sure if they would say this was their best game of the season, but it was perhaps the most complete performance by an ORU opponent this year.

I've been thinking lately that someone would have to play pretty well to beat us right now, and that's just what happened.

12-of-24 from behind the arc?  One guard goes for 6 threes, the other goes 6-of-7 shooting, with 13 assists?  Big man has a double-double on 8-of-10 shooting?  What a game for OU - they would have beat a lot of people tonight!

Look, we shot around 50% for the game, has just 12 turnovers, but we got out-rebounded by 7 and didn't get to the free throw line as much as usual - we didn't play that bad, we just didn't match their performance.

It was a simple case of a pretty good team standing on its head in a "must-win" situation at home - no shame in losing there.

Need to shrug this one off and get ready for the quick turnaround at IPFW on Saturday afternoon. 

There's still a lot of basketball left this month!  8-)

Well said, Blue and OT.  I was at one of my boys' games, and didn't get to listen in - ORU_Ed was texting me scores.  From all I can tell you guys nailed it.

NDSU won and Woody played his worst game all year.  All things being equal I don't see you guys having the #1 seed, that is NDSU"s to take now for sure.  A two game margin in the Summit and you guys are the only team we have left on the road that will challenge us.  We have SDSU at home.  Should be an interesting finish up to the Summit league tourney in Sioux Falls. 

NDSU won and Woody played his worst game all year.  All things being equal I don't see you guys having the #1 seed, that is NDSU"s to take now for sure.  A two game margin in the Summit and you guys are the only team we have left on the road that will challenge us.  We have SDSU at home.  Should be an interesting finish up to the Summit league tourney in Sioux Falls. 

not so fast my friend... huge, huge game saturday night at iupui. i am nervous about that game.  we cannot overlook the jags. centenary will be tough too.  oakland got pounded by them, we can't do what the grizz did to the gents, by overlooking them to our last game at ORU... still a lot of season left. anything can happen

Don't disagree at all lots of season left.  But if NDSU plays their game we should come out on top.  Tonights game though by Woody did have me wondering what happened.  He can't play like that and expect to win.

Geez, guys:  get a room, will ya?

You don't see us coming onto your message board and arguing about ORU's prospects, do you?  :roll:

I get it now - ORU loses a game, you get one up on us, and you come out of the woodwork to gloat and taunt. 

Have at it, buddy . . .

STILL A LOT OF BASKETBALL TO BE PLAYED.

Still lots of games for all teams to be upset in.