Roster Discussion

ORUTerry

What will we see out of King this season?  Not only did he take to D-I level basketball very nicely as the season progressed last year, but he will no longer be in the shadow of the Mid-Con's scoring leader.  I think he could dominate the inside game this year.

Exactly Tim.  I think Shawn will have a big year.  He'll be able to more than hold his own against our non-conf. sched. and the Summit is smaller than Shawn for the most part at center.

I look for 12pts or so a game, 7+ reb, and 2-4 blks. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• tmh8286

• ORU Eli

• Old Titan

I also Look for Adam to much more of an offensive threat.  His 3 pt percentage was pretty low last year.  I think that will improve by 5-7 pct points which will make is scoring average probably

3-5pts higher.  He should avg. around 10/gm.

What are the chances of Adam trying to be "the man" now that Ken and Caleb are gone. We saw bits of that at the beginning of the season, shot first, pass second. I hope he doesn't try to be a two guard.  We still need him to run the offense and score occasionally on the drive or when left open.

Based on preliminary reports from practice, I would venture that no one's starting job is safe except Shawn & Yemi's.

And no one - those two included - may play more than 25-30 minutes a game.

Which are good things.

Some on this board that have repeatedly commented on the fact that certain players, last season those being Ken and Caleb, may be playing more minutes than ideal, leading them to be overly fatigued by the end of the season when we need them most.  A deep bench and 30 min per game per player would certainly eliminate that problem!

I think this is exactly how Tulsa got us last year. They were running fresh legs all night, while we were only running 8 guys.  Looks like Sutton won't be caught shallow on the bench again this year.  We'll have lots of fresh hungry guys fighting for a spot on the floor.

Losing to TU was probably the biggest fluke of last season.  A lot of factors working against us while everything seemed to "click" for the golden hurricane.  We definitely would have taken 2 of 3 with that matchup...

Tim Morton played with us in a pickup game at the AC a couple days ago...he prob wasnt tryin 2 hard but he didnt look real good, He did knock down a three but we probly wont expect much of that from him lol...Robert Jarvis & Kyron Stokes were on the side of the court jokin with him every time he came down the court lol....also I talked 2 someone that went to Cornerstone last year & goes to ORU this year & he said Clement N'gom was actually the better of the three.....thats not good to hear lol

So i am really excited bout this year.....i cannot wait for some basketball, and to be honest i am really bored and trying not to do homework, and i saw this had 99 posts on the wall, and i was like I want to be # 100. lol. so yeah.

So i am really excited bout this year.....i cannot wait for some basketball, and to be honest i am really bored and trying not to do homework, and i saw this had 99 posts on the wall, and i was like I want to be # 100. lol. so yeah.

Well, FIBA USA vs. Canada starts in about 5 minutes. I know USA will probably roll Canada up by like 80 since Nash and Jamal Magloire aren't playing but still.

**edit**

Jahaziel's older brother has already has some nice blocks and a CRAZY dunk

Yea, the walk-on

Jahaziel

has a cool name.  In wikipedia it says,

"Jahaziel or Chaziel the Levite was a prophet in the Hebrew Bible.

2 Chronicles 20 recounts a joint attack on Judah by the nations of Moab and Midian in the time of King Jehosaphat. The King declared a fast to the LORD and prayed for his help before the assembled nation.

Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon

Jahaziel

son of Zechariah, the son of Benaiah, who declared the word of the LORD, "The battle is not yours, but God?s", and concluding, "Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you."

Also means,

Jahaziel (ja-HAY-zi-el)

He will see God; he whom God watches over

Sounds good to me!  :-)

....also I talked 2 someone that went to Cornerstone last year & goes to ORU this year & he said Clement N'gom was actually the better of the three.....

That's not what I heard.... I heard that Jonathan Dunn was the stellar player. And from what I saw of Dunn at practice on Friday, it's hard to believe N'Gom could be better than him.