Roster Discussion

ORUTerry

Okay, we now have another addition to the roster (which was hinted at by djenkins13). We know that we can only have 13 players on scholarship. Here are the players we currently have:

1.  Adam Liberty

2.  Moses Ehambe

3.  Yemi Ogunoye

4.  Shawn King

5.  Marchello Vealy

6.  Kelvin Sango

7.  Curtis Allen

8.  Marcus Lewis

9.  Jonathan Dunn

10. Clement N'gom

11. Tim Morton

12. Kyron Stokes

13. Robert Jarvis

14. Sylvester Spicer

15. Jahaziel Howard

16. Andre Hardy

17. Ben Haynes

It appears that we are over the scholarship limit..... My guess is that some (4 !) of these players will have to walk-on. The only ones we (think) we know about are Haynes and Howard. It's going to be crowded at practice. Competition is a good thing though.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• tmh8286

• ORU Eli

• Old Titan

...and the crazy thing is we can't even be sure of any of the returning players until August 16th (1st day of classes). We will probably hear something before then, but my ear will be to ground listening out for the rumblings!

I think Matt S is still on the team, but I'm not sure. Honore considered walking on at ORU, but received a scholarship - can't remember the name of the school.

OK yeah I thought Matt was staying, I hadnt talked to him this summer though. Never heard about Honroe, good for him though.

Any possibility that one or two of them got academic scholarships and had their parents pay for their books?

Ben Haynes is pre-law and should qualify for other scholarships. Didn't someone say earlier that Jahaziel Howard would not need a scholarship? So who are the other 2 that could be scholarshiped based on academics or need?

I have a strong feeling Vealy wont be returning this season.  My only clue is that he's not on the wallpapers however the other four returning seniors are.  (See the wallpapers thread)

:oops: I could have sworn he would be a Sr.

Unless some players are walking on, there have to be changes or modifications coming to the roster. There are only 13 slots for scholarships. We will know in 2-1/2 weeks.

anybody seen or heard anything about Spice lately? Seems when I examine each player on the roster, he's the only person that I haven't heard mentioned lately...

:oops: I could have sworn he would be a Sr.

I DO think you're right about somebody leaving. I just hope it isn't Vealy. Somebody has to be on the way out though... no way we keep 15-16 guys around.

• 2 weeks later...

I expect that we will know a lot more this week about the roster. Classes start on Thursday and practice (yes, practice) starts on Saturday as the team prepares for the Canadian Exhibition tour over Labor Day weekend.