Transfer Portal 2024

Eaglefan 21

6 hours ago, oruvoice said:

All of these points are fine, but I think the main issue is running an offensive & defensive system that fits your roster. 

Hypothetically speaking, you don't run out a bunch of big/slow guys and try to full-court press. Or, you don't have a bunch of athletic slashers and put them in an offense that is based on creating perimeter jump shots. 

It seems to me that the coach had a system he wanted to play but didn't have the personnel to do it. As a coach you have to realize what your players strengths are and adjust your "system" accordingly. 

I said this three or four pages ago on this thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

Circle Turning GIF by ShibuichiWaika

4 hours ago, Bogus Smith said:

Circle Turning GIF by ShibuichiWaika

Bogus has found his new favorite GIF!!!

35 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

Bogus has found his new favorite GIF!!!

Yes, every time someone says we are talking in circles or that we discussed this X pages ago, it's my signal to keep on point. 😄

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Bogus Smith said:

Yes, every time someone says we are talking in circles or that we discussed this X pages ago, it's my signal to keep on point. 😄

I have a feeling I'm going to have this directed towards me many times.  😬

• Haha 2

👎 Insult to injury. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, ORob2 said:

Ashton Smith commits to South Dakota about an hour ago

If he gets in shape he could be a decent player but I never saw it here.

Adios pal.....enjoy -12 degrees in Jan/Feb.....🥶

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, ORob1 said:

👎 Insult to injury. 

Double insult - not only going to a League member, but what in the world did Kyan and Crutch say that drove him to think USD was a better overall place to land? 🤔

South Dakota had their big man, Lahat T., graduate this season.  He averaged 27 minutes a game, so there is an opportunity for Smith to come in and pick up some playing time right away.  Guys want to see the court and not be the 3rd string center.  That may be what drew him to USD.

7 hours ago, Bogus Smith said:

what in the world did Kyan and Crutch say offer in the way of money that drove him to think USD was a better overall place to land? 🤔

Fixed ^^^^^ 😉

Al Pacino Money GIF

• Haha 5

57 minutes ago, goyotes said:

Smith does have some connections at USD.  

Thanks! This is a helpful reminder as sometimes if they’re not making bank, these young people just want to get some playing time and play somewhere they feel comfortable.

Edited by 2014Grad
  • Like 2

On 4/12/2024 at 4:18 PM, Otis 83 said:

My bad. Sometimes I skim instead of actually, you know, read. 🤣

Chase Martin's dad, Clay was the high school basketball coach at Jenks for a long time.  Then he started being a referee for the NFL.  It was getting too hard to do both, so he just does the NFL now.

I don't know much about Chase's basketball skills, but I think he's probably a great young man.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Chase Martin has good size and some experience with 59 total appearances at Wofford.   Last year he averaged about 4 points, 3 rebounds, and 1 assist.  The only question mark with him is shooting: 24% from 3 and 50% from the free throw line.  Chase needs to improve in those areas but could possibly be like a Trey P. type of guy off the bench.