Transfer Portal 2024

Eaglefan 21

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

Good news to hear!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

image.thumb.jpeg.f4ba290245001723f9d8a0d46f0453bc.jpegPIPE DREAM.....So Sorry, Paul..... get used to disappointment

We may never know but I wonder what Coach Mills offered him as far as an NIL deal or other teams offered McBride.  I guess he saw what was out there in the transfer portal and decided ORU is the place to be!

On a side note: McBride is on pace to reach the 2,000 point club, if he matches last year's scoring output.

Knowing ORU is undefeated in recruiting against Paul Mills is fun. 

3 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.f4ba290245001723f9d8a0d46f0453bc.jpegPIPE DREAM.....So Sorry, Paul..... get used to disappointment

Sad day for Paul... Great day for Russ! 

• Upvote 1

McBride will get the minutes but he needs someone to come in and give him a break.  I do not think anyone on the forum wants to see him average 40 minutes a game next year.  Right now, the Eagles do not have a backup point guard but hopefully Coach can find one during the summer.

56 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Right now, the Eagles do not have a backup point guard

ORU doesn’t have a PG at all.

McBride was extremely limited on ball last season.

Really wish Amboree was sticking around so McBride could play the 2.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I was happy to see Fox 23 News on their 6 PM  sports report mention that despite entering the Transfer Portal McBride is “staying put” at ORU.

• Upvote 4

It would be great to have Bedford return or Demauri Williams.  One can hope that even maybe both of them are back.  After the good news about McBride that might convince them to return also.

On 4/26/2024 at 11:30 AM, GoldenEagleFan said:

Starting to feel bad for Paul Mills

Well that makes one of us 🤣

• Haha 2

Coach Mills picked up a solid point guard in Justin Hill from Georgia.  He averaged about 10 points and 3 assists for the Bulldogs last year.

McBride came back to stick it to those TU guys for the 4th year in a row!  Time for another Mayor's Cup victory.

Red Sox Magic Number GIF by NBC Sports Boston

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Saw this on the alumni Facebook page. Would be a lot of size!

IMG_4442.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

You can't coach tall, but his height can certainly be a disrupter under the basket.  He only played in eight games for the Minutemen and played over five minutes once - his first game.  He would be a project and probably not a lot of minutes with any team as a Sophomore.  He'd probably be willing to redshirt if he has a year available.

Mathok comes from South Sudan - a country near-and-dear to the Mrs. and my hearts.  We went there in 2010 and haven't made it back again, but hope to soon.  I'm sure that he prefers the USA over the life he had in South Sudan but probably wants to get some money back to his family playing here.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Interesting news in the transfer portal today, some of us remember a freshman Aiden Mahoney, for St. Mary's who ORU played in the opener 2 seasons ago, in the kids first college game he comes off the bench and scores 25 against us. Over his 2 seasons with the Gaels, he drew some attention as he just committed out of the portal to 2-time defending national champ UCONN. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

In today's world, he received his collegiate payday!  He'll be entering a new level of competition next year, for sure.  Congratulations, Aiden!

Grant Nelson, 12-year veteran from NDSU, reportedly returning to Alabama for yet another season, since it pays so much better than not getting drafted.

• Haha 5