Transfer Portal 2024

Eaglefan 21

As long as he doesn't leave for Wichita State, Tulsa....or a Summit League foe.🙄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

The Summit League transfers are making a big splash in the portal.  William Kyle to UCLA, Zeke Mayo to Kansas, Frank Fiddler to Michigan State, BJ Omot to Cal, and the NDSU big man (forgot the name) to Nebraska.  Sounds like a who's who that is picking guys from the Summit.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

The Summit League transfers are making a big splash in the portal.  William Kyle to UCLA, Zeke Mayo to Kansas, Frank Fiddler to Michigan State, BJ Omot to Cal, and the NDSU big man (forgot the name) to Nebraska.  Sounds like a who's who that is picking guys from the Summit.

The rich get richer! Those are some pretty good schools. Shows the summit league has serious talent, but also that it can just be an audition for P5 schools…

• Upvote 1

Jeff Borzello is reporting that last week the NCAA decided that all transfers, even grad players, have to be in the portal by May 1st.  That is a change from the past, where grad transfers could still enter after the deadline.  Not sure what happens if they enter after that date, Jeff did not say.  They might have to sit out a year.

Should be interesting with just one week left to see who enters the transfer portal.  Hopefully no one else from ORU does.

20 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Jeff Borzello is reporting that last week the NCAA decided that all transfers, even grad players, have to be in the portal by May 1st.  That is a change from the past, where grad transfers could still enter after the deadline.  Not sure what happens if they enter after that date, Jeff did not say.  They might have to sit out a year.

Should be interesting with just one week left to see who enters the transfer portal.  Hopefully no one else from ORU does.

I'll tell you what will happen if any grad transfers miss the deadline - one of them will sue the NCAA over it, the courts will decide in favor of the player, and the NCAA will drop the rule. And I don't think we will ever see another transfer student having to sit out a year. Ever.

Actually, I'm surprised the deadline has stood at all. Probably because no player has decided they wanted to transfer after the deadline and decided to fight about it. Once that happens, and the player sues the NCAA, they'll drop the deadline. 

Every issue seems to be decided in the player's favor and chaos so far.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

I'm surprised that Michigan State chose Frankie Fiddler from the transfer portal. Tom Izzo gets most of his talent from high school players and has criticized the "portal chaos". Fiddler is MSU's his first transfer to join the team since March 2021. 

I wonder how many of these players will wind up hopping from job to job once their playing days are over. Will they take a job, stay a year, get bored, move on, and lather-rinse-repeat? We've seen what's been happening in the service industry. Every time you go to a restaurant or other store, the people who wait on you are completely different--and they don't seem to get much training. Or they don't bother to learn, because they figure they'll be quitting soon anyway.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, titansforever said:

I wonder how many of these players will wind up hopping from job to job once their playing days are over. Will they take a job, stay a year, get bored, move on, and lather-rinse-repeat? We've seen what's been happening in the service industry. Every time you go to a restaurant or other store, the people who wait on you are completely different--and they don't seem to get much training. Or they don't bother to learn, because they figure they'll be quitting soon anyway.

With inflation, I don’t blame service and store workers for bouncing around jobs when wages haven’t matched cost of living. My Tulsa apartment in mid 2010s went from $550 to $900 in about 4 years 😂.

24 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Hallelujah!!!!!!

• Like 1

That is SUCH good news.  What a great ambassador for ORU Athletics!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just a guess but it would appear McBride not part of the problem last season???....otherwise he would have been pushed out....so this would seem to be good news???....last season was such a strange one/huge disappointment.....TheEagleman likes McBride....solid on the court and appears to be a positive leader in the locker room.....GO BLUE!!! :tb-blue:

Starting to feel bad for Paul Mills, as this is the 4th former player to be recruited by Wichita State that has said no thanks. Abmas, Thompson, Mwamba and McBride. 

• Haha 2

(OT's post) That is a WHOLE NEW Coach Springmann! 😝

• Like 2

Springmann with some pretty good moves for a white guy.....Image result for Russell Springman ORU photos

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, GoldenEagleFan said:

Starting to feel bad for Paul Mills, as this is the 4th former player to be recruited by Wichita State that has said no thanks. Abmas, Thompson, Mwamba and McBride. 

I'm not even sure what this means, but I'm guessing the cliché "sour grapes" may apply...

Nobody wants to live in Wichita. It’s that simple.

• Haha 1