Transfer Portal 2024

Eaglefan 21

Going to get this thread started. Hopefully, some of the players we have recruited before that enter the portal will consider us the 2nd time around. First one has already entered the portal in Braylen Blue. I believe we were in his final 3 to 5 schools. He's a 6'5 point guard. It's also a good sign that several of our players haven't immediately jumped into the portal, makes me think that things in the locker room aren't in disarray. Missouri State had 3 players enter this morning, two of which were starters.... 

https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/braylen-blue

• Upvote 2

Phipps?.....maybe he transfers to become a Shocker at WSU??? :hc_mills:

• Like 1

The floodgates may be opening as Bedford just entered the transfer portal.  I am guessing that Coach is having his one on one meetings with players this week.

50 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

The floodgates may be opening as Bedford just entered the transfer portal.  I am guessing that Coach is having his one on one meetings with players this week.

Jailen is a BIG loss and it does not bode well for how things look 😬. He was likely only going to get better with the D1 experience.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 2014Grad said:

Jailen is a BIG loss and it does not bode well for how things look 😬. He was likely only going to get better with the D1 experience.

😮😮

Let's not forget that last year Phipps, Weaver, and Thompson all entered the Transfer Portal, but later decided to return to ORU. Until Jailen, Phipps, etc. actually sign with another team there is always the possibility of them staying at ORU.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dave Connor said:

Let's not forget that last year Phipps, Weaver, and Thompson all entered the Transfer Portal, but later decided to return to ORU. Until Jailen, Phipps, etc. actually sign with another team there is always the possibility of them staying at ORU.

Unless their spot is taken by another transfer first.  Coaches have options, too.

• Upvote 2

Sounds like the ORU coaching staff is VERY busy working the phones....it would be absolutely wonderful if we can get a couple of these kids....:tb-blue:

• Upvote 1

Kylen Milton is back in the portal and he might sound familar because he signed with ORU back in April 2018.  Then he backed out and went to Western Kentucky and eventually to UAPB with Coach Bozeman.  Milton averaged 17 points and around 7 rebounds at UAPB this past season.  Maybe he would come back 6 years later?  It would not hurt to call or contact him on social media.

I had really high hopes for Amboree. I really thought he was going to be a key piece for us at some point. Bummer to see him go.

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, EagleManiac said:

I had really high hopes for Amboree. I really thought he was going to be a key piece for us at some point. Bummer to see him go.

Right, he probably would have had his opportunity now

Ashton Smith is also in the portal according to Verbal Commits