2023 CWS Game #1 - ORU vs. TCU

Old Titan

20 minutes ago, ORUTex said:

I'm pretty sure certain ORU people do want ORU to finish last in that competition.

Frankly, there is a bit of a Twitter storm among fans of the event clamoring for participants with no dog in the hunt (i.e. Omaha natives) to buy all their Jello shots in ORU's name, just for fun.

Reminds me of when everyone in my senior class of 1980 at Tulsa Memorial High School got burned out voting for "the usual suspect" cheerleaders and football stars for "Charger Of The Month", and in the final vote of the year stuffed the ballot box for a write-in candidate:  foreign exchange punk rocker Sjuke Robinson from Denmark.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, ORUalum said:

That was a good find ORUalum. I listened this morning while earning some aerobic points. Matt Mosley used to write for the Dallas Morning News and also was on Dallas ESPN radio for a few years. 

Nice interview with Coach Folmar. The publicity generated by this success in the Regional/Super Regional/World Series is incalculable. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Otis 83 said:

That was a good find ORUalum. I listened this morning while earning some aerobic points. Matt Mosley used to write for the Dallas Morning News and also was on Dallas ESPN radio for a few years. 

yeah, i've never been a big fan of Mosley.  he's a big Baylor homer and seems to have an out sized ego for being a middling sports radio hack.  he did not last at ESPN Dallas after Randy Galloway retired and Ian Fitzsimmons moved on to the national ESPN radio.  

Just bought 7 pounds of Twin Snakes. I'm ready for the weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

Otis, my man!!...good thing Oregon lost in the Supers because their fans would have a difficult time adjusting to the rules listed above...they clearly didn't have the same prohibition on abusive language at PK Park last weekend.....check out the live replay on the HBP in the first inning against Jonah Cox and listen to what the loud fan calls him when he dropped to the ground in obvious pain.....disgusting.....and TheEagleman didn't notice any cats on the field so the fan was clearly referring to Jonah......😮

22 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Otis, my man!!...good thing Oregon lost in the Supers because their fans would have a difficult time adjusting to the rules listed above...they clearly didn't have the same prohibition on abusive language at PK Park last weekend.....check out the live replay on the HBP in the first inning against Jonah Cox and listen to what the loud fan calls him when he dropped to the ground in obvious pain.....disgusting.....and TheEagleman didn't notice any cats on the field so the fan was clearly referring to Jonah......😮

Just like the great Moses Malone, you received my bounce pass and took it hard to the basket!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just one of many instances of foul language used by Duck fans last weekend and apparently ESPN had no issues with placing live microphones near the student section where drunken abusive fans were allowed to yell at our players and no intervention from security....took several innings on Sunday Night for ESPN to turn off the sound in that area......oh...and TheEagleman notices that TCU is a very solid -160 favorite on Friday Afternoon.....could there be a wager in the offing??? :shield-logo:

11 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

Just like the great Moses Malone, you received my bounce pass and took it hard to the basket!

My apologies Otis, but one slight revision that the old 76ers fans will get, Moses took it to the "rack"!!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ORU40 said:

My apologies Otis, but one slight revision that the old 76ers fans will get, Moses took it to the "rack"!!

Rabbit hole alert!

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

These were the same fans that chastised our fans when we were scoring in the seventh inning after hitting a ball off the pitcher's head.  Although we were cheering our players, they felt we should be subdued and reverent while the play was still going.  You can't win with kids like that.

• Upvote 2

The fact that the coach left the kid in the game and the umpires allowed it tells you all you need to know about what was going on last weekend.....and the seemingly unlimited # of challenges allowed for the Ducks....but ORU overcame all of it to win......perhaps it was a lot of assistance from above.....in fact, TheEagleman is sure of it....:tb-white:

• Upvote 2