2023 CWS Game #1 - ORU vs. TCU

Old Titan

Just now, ORUalum11 said:

When do we play Sunday?

6PM Central

Winner of VA / FL

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

TheEagleman is wiped out.....had to watch the game stone cold sober because I was still working this afternoon...now i am totally drained emotionally after one of the most incredible 9th innings in CWS History.....God Bless this ORU Team.... truly a miracle comeback by a squad that NEVER gives up!!...I love them!!   Now relax for 48 Hrs and we will get back to it on Sunday Night!!!  First CWS Victory for ORU EVER!!!!.....never thought I would live to see this.....and you know what?  We could get to the Finals!!! :tb-white:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

BTW.....lots of ESPN camera views of the ORU Fans in the stands and great interview with hero Blaze Brothers after the game...what a night!!!...now everybody over to Rocco's for some Jello Shots!!!! Image result for cosmo kramer

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

BTW.....lots of ESPN camera views of the ORU Fans in the stands and great interview with hero Blaze Brothers after the game...what a night!!!...now everybody over to Rocco's for some Jello Shots!!!! Image result for cosmo kramer

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

That game is one for the ages. The resulting publicity is incalculable. 

The second inning with Jose was free advertising. He said nothing but good things and was openly rooting for our team. (While sitting in Yankee stadium in his uniform.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

All of a sudden ORU pitchers can't throw strikes.....gonna be the death blow.....😬

Oh yea of little faith. 😎

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, SpaceManSpiff said:

The second inning with Jose was free advertising. He said nothing but good things and was openly rooting for our team. (While sitting in Yankee stadium in his uniform.)

I had a friend (OU grad) call and ask how much we paid Trevino for that recruiting pitch.

• Thanks 1

ORU won a game in 1978 CWS??? Obviously didn't know that.... TheEagleman thought we lost both games...thanks for the history lesson!! 🤑

• Upvote 1

I am hoping we get to play Florida on Sunday night.  ORU beat them in the NCAA tournament in basketball, so why not in the World Series.  They are #2 in the nation and have some guy that hit 31 home runs this year and most likely will be a 1st round draft pick.  Bring on the best!

1 hour ago, SpaceManSpiff said:

That recruiting pitch to all the Texas ball players was strong.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

I had a friend (OU grad) call and ask how much we paid Trevino for that recruiting pitch.

Of course, we didn't as not necessary, Jose clearly loves and appreciates ORU, but it would have been worth every penny if we did!!! 

I was talking to my daughter after the game, she's a University of Florida grad and I was telling her we will play the gators if they win tonight and describing our win, the 8th inning etc.  and she stopped me and said that she had never heard me so passionate about baseball! This team is amazing!! Go Eagles!!  

• Like 5