2023 CWS Game #1 - ORU vs. TCU

Old Titan

I remember reading when they first moved to the new stadium, that the stadium has deep fences. I am not super knowledgeable about baseball, so I don’t know what deep is for college baseball. I was reading about it, and it looks like there are a lot of people saying that it plays a little deeper than most fields. Center field is 408, and the fence itself is 8 feet high, which seems a little higher than normal to me. 

Do any of you think this might give ORU an advantage or disadvantage? It seems to me ORU is well suited to a bigger field. I remember reading in past years how teams that normally play “small ball” have an advantage because in a big field there’s fewer home runs, so scoring runs with sacrifice flies, bunts, and aggressive base running is important. It also seems like having great defensive players would be important. I think with ORU’s stellar defense and their willingness to play small, they have a chance to do something really special (sort of like OU did last season). 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

It goes without saying that a win versus TCU is key because Virginia and Florida are the favorites in the bracket.  ORU has played the Horned Frogs many times in the past including last year's NCAA tournament in College Station.  It was a very close loss but I am hoping this time the Eagles get some revenge on TCU!  Go Eagles.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article276449931.html

From this morning's Startlegram.  This is the kind of in depth reporting many in DFW have become accustomed to.  TCU coach has some nice things to say about our team.  The only player mentioned is Sam Thompson....because he transferred from TCU.

Morning & Happy GameDay!

I have my Haribo Twin Snakes ready to go!

200.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ORU82 said:

He'll be here all week folks.

And like Captain America, he "could do this all day." 😄

We (@OKC Eagle and I) are hanging at the Starbucks next to the Marriott - heading over to the stadium around 11:30. Anyone nearby?

0FDE831D-C3FD-4A4E-BD18-C9FBE1784E03.jpeg

331F8708-9B15-4415-AB59-B520C04FEE6E.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Texasgrip said:

We (@OKC Eagle and I) are hanging at the Starbucks next to the Marriott - heading over to the stadium around 11:30. Anyone nearby?

0FDE831D-C3FD-4A4E-BD18-C9FBE1784E03.jpeg

331F8708-9B15-4415-AB59-B520C04FEE6E.jpeg

There should be an NIL deal in here somewhere ...

Does anyone know if any of the other coaches (men's/women's basketball, volleyball, soccer, etc.) are in attendance? Or any other student-athletes?

• Upvote 3

ORU hitting this guy but two DPs have hurt in the first 3 innings......Cox looking a bit feeble in his first 2 ABs.....but Hall looks good  giving up only 1 hit thru 3......😎

• Like 1

Hall has pitched very well giving up just the 2 hits and a HR that was inches over Hogans' glove.....but he is nearing 100 pitches thru 5 innings...ORU has to string some hits together...top of the order now.....:tb-white:

• Like 1