ORU (#4 Seed) - Stillwater Regional

Old Titan

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

HUGE WIN over the Pokes tonight to quiet a sellout crowd...Denton with 5 Ks...bring on the Huskies!!   GO BLUE!   :shield-logo:

So TheEagleman is just wondering from those in attendance in Stillwater...what was the % of ORU fans in the stadium? Definitely spotted Old Titan.......:tb-blue:

LOL - how could you miss me in that Extra Medium polo??

Fun time at spectacular O’Brate Stadium; nice to see what’s possible for $60 million.

And ya wanna know the best part of wandering around that cathedral during a 1-hour rainless rain delay?

WEARING BLUE AMONGST ALL THAT ORANGE.

WITH THE LEAD.

AGAIN.

AND LOOKING THEM ALL IN THE EYE WITH BUT ONE THOUGHT IN MIND:

”WE…DRINK…YOUR…MILKSHAKE!!”

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Great game at the O’Brate cathedral. Always good to beat a host team on their field. 

Cade was great tonight. Was touching 100 mph on the gun tonight. A first for an ORU pitcher. 

Caleb Isaacs was the star of the game coming in after the rain delay. If we go to a Monday night game, Jakob Hall should be available again.  Fortunately the HRs given up in the 8th were solo shots and the lead was big enough.

Onward to the winner’s bracket with a game against the Huskies from the state of Washington. Great opportunity to gain the respect we feel we deserve. 

• Like 3

"Stunning", "Shocking", blah, blah, blah...

Oklahoma City may as well be in North Korea when it comes to awareness of ORU's bona fides, in ANY sport.

How bad/sad is it when the national college baseball guys 1000 miles away know more about ORU being legit than a weekend sports anchor just 100 miles down the turnpike??  #BeBetter #DoYourJob

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Bogus Smith said:

Onward to the winner’s bracket with a game against the Huskies from the state of Washington. Great opportunity to gain the respect we feel we deserve. 

Winner's bracket sure has a nice ring to it!! Outstanding win on the big stage, the baseball world can't deny what our team is accomplishing, keep it up Eagles! 

• Upvote 3

last night's game condensed to around 11 minutes

• Upvote 3

Watching the game on ESPN+, after Cade Denton pitched the last strike to secure the win, it looked like he yelled “This is our house!” which I thought was awesome, and showed the confidence that the whole team seems to have. They weren’t surprised or shocked to win. Instead, the whole game had the vibe that ORU was the 1 seed and they didn’t think OSU could beat them. I guess that’s the confidence that comes with winning 19 straight. Awesome victory! 

• Like 1

Coming into our regional I thought DBU would be the toughest team, so hoping OSU can knock them out of it today. That way we beat the Huskies today and OSU beats UW tomorrow and we get OSU to advance to the super regional.

I was concerned about having to beat a good team like OSU 3 straight times, but after last night bring on the pokes again because at this point, we have stopped paying rent on OSU...WE OWN THEM!!!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ORU40 said:

Coming into our regional I thought DBU would be the toughest team, so hoping OSU can knock them out of it today. That way we beat the Huskies today and OSU beats UW tomorrow and we get OSU to advance to the super regional.

I was concerned about having to beat a good team like OSU 3 straight times, but after last night bring on the pokes again because at this point, we have stopped paying rent on OSU...WE OWN THEM!!!

ORU not only leads the all-time series with OSU 42-37,  but now has a four-game winning streak against the Cowboys when it matters most - in the NCAA tournament.  ORU's last loss to the Pokes in the tournament dates all the way back to 1999.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

ORU not only leads the all-time series with OSU 42-37,  but now has a four-game winning streak against the Cowboys when it matters most - in the NCAA tournament.  ORU's last loss to the Pokes in the tournament dates all the way back to 1999.

At what point will OSU stop playing ORU in the regular season?  It doesn't matter whether it is a home game or away game, we have the ability to beat them at either venue.  I would like to hope that OSU finds value in playing a competitive opponent that they feel they are the superior team.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ORU leads the all-time series with Washington 2-1, although the Eagles and the Huskies have not played in the 21st century (last match-up occurred in 1999).  This will be the fourth all-time meeting, with all four matchups being played at a neutral site, although this is the first NCAA tourney game between the two schools. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

ORU leads the all-time series with Washington 2-1, although the Eagles and the Huskies have not played in the 21st century (last match-up occurred in 1999).  This will be the fourth all-time meeting, with all four matchups being played at a neutral site, although this is the first NCAA tourney game between the two schools. 

Too much space between Seattle and Tulsa to make a series work between the two teams.  Tournament neutral sites are probably the only way that these two teams meet.  Let's hope the all-time series grows to 3-1 after 11:00 tonight.

Jonah Cox extends his hitting streak to 42 games last night, putting him in a two-way tie with Chuck Abbott of Austin Peay for sixth place all time. A hit tonight will put him in sole possession of 6th place. He will have to extend his streak to 45 games before moving into a two-way tie for fifth, with Roger Schmuck of Arizona State. I hope we see that goal reached in this regional!! 

It is pure joy watching as history is being made. 

• Upvote 2

Washington -130 is a slight favorite in the game tonight but TheEagleman thinks ORU should really have that role...19 wins in a row...should have the crowd in our favor.....Good Guys are really on a roll right now and very confident....I like our chances to make the finals on Sunday night.....GO BLUE!!!!  :tb-blue:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tmh8286 said:

I hope we see that goal reached in this regional!! 

I’m gonna have to root against you here. I hope ORU wins the next 2 and Jonah has to reach that goal in the super regional. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Pokes in trouble vs. DBU....game is on ESPN2 and its 6-1 in the 5th and no sign of any offense from the home team.....they might be done. 🫢