ORU (#4 Seed) - Stillwater Regional

Old Titan

30 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Pokes not really a top 20 team but got a home site regional anyway because of their solid history.... 😎

....because they have a brand new stadium that can handle the crowds.  Just like Baum Stadium in Fayetteville.  Arkansas earned their seeding to host, but OSU was solely due to their facilities (IMHO). TCU or Texas could have hosted, even as a #2 seed (which has happened in the past).

proxy?source=https%3A%2F%2Fimg.okstate.com%2FEloquaImages%2Fclients%2FPACokstate%2F%257Bb8a63c39-e3b1-4e54-9e2c-50fa8d6f0adf%257D_BSB_Graphic.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

Coach Folmar is the man going with Ketchup over mustard! I’m a ketchup guy and no thanks mustard.Hotdog Sausage GIF by Framesequence

3 hours ago, Texasgrip said:

Cheapest seats remaining look to be about $93/each (before fees). I guess ESPN+ it is!

We need you cheering in person.  🙂  Single game tickets should be on sale Friday.

• Upvote 3

The winner of the Stillwater regional plays the winner of the Nashville Regional (Vanderbilt)

1 hour ago, Elis Flight Crew said:

The winner of the Stillwater regional plays the winner of the Nashville Regional (Vanderbilt)

Will be there to cheer us on if we make it to Nashville! 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ORUalum said:

image.thumb.png.a44319a106d185345c05cc2119f33fb8.png

So Holliday is worried about the first game, but he isn't starting one of his starters?  

5 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

What is that record?  Last year's?

And ESPN has chosen to nationally televise OU vs. E. Carolina on Friday Night....over ORU vs. OSU???...sorry but that's just malpractice by the world leader in sports entertainment.....they are idiots..... image.jpeg.e5b84be55ff96480373b6989c96c5f02.jpeg

3 hours ago, ORUalum said:

image.thumb.png.a44319a106d185345c05cc2119f33fb8.png

I listened to the interview with Josh Holliday on the The Morning Blitz and he didn't sound like a coach who didn't have a pitching plan but what do I know?  They played their last game on Sunday and, yea, they used a lot of arms in the Big XII tournament but their entire staff will have 4 or more days of rest by Friday.  While they did use 6 pitchers on Sunday no one pitched more than two innings or more than 42 pitches.  Nolan McLean threw 13.

Looking at McLean he appears to be an interesting choice.  He's appeared in 13 games and has a 2.08 ERA.  However it does appear his primary role this year is as a reliever.  Most of his appearances have been for 1 to 2 innings.  He did start the West Virginia game in the Big XII tournament and went 6 innings so he appears to be able to serve as a starter as well. 

Perhaps Holliday's strategy is to see if he can sneak by ORU with McLean and use his weekend starters in the remaining games of the regional.  

13 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

I listened to the interview with Josh Holliday on the The Morning Blitz and he didn't sound like a coach who didn't have a pitching plan but what do I know?  They played their last game on Sunday and, yea, they used a lot of arms in the Big XII tournament but their entire staff will have 4 or more days of rest by Friday.  While they did use 6 pitchers on Sunday no one pitched more than two innings or more than 42 pitches.  Nolan McLean threw 13.

Looking at McLean he appears to be an interesting choice.  He's appeared in 13 games and has a 2.08 ERA.  However it does appear his primary role this year is as a reliever.  Most of his appearances have been for 1 to 2 innings.  He did start the West Virginia game in the Big XII tournament and went 6 innings so he appears to be able to serve as a starter as well. 

Perhaps McLean's strategy is to see if he can sneak by ORU with McLean and use his weekend starters in the remaining games of the regional.  

Not the typical blow-your-doors-off No. 1 guy ORU is so often saddled with in these 1-vs-4 Regional openers. 

Plus he's a righty, which bodes well for two of ORU's hot left-handed hitters in Quinn and Hogan.

Fantastic opportunity to score some runs and get into that shaky Cowboy bullpen.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

Not the typical blow-your-doors-off No. 1 guy ORU is so often saddled with in these 1-vs-4 Regional openers. 

Plus he's a righty, which bodes well for two of ORU's hot left-handed hitters in Quinn and Hogan.

Fantastic opportunity to score some runs and get into that shaky Cowboy bullpen.

💯

I have to believe that the coaches are going to have a "pretty tight leash" on their pitchers tomorrow night.  They can't afford to let us get in a groove at the plate and get 3+ runs ahead.

• Upvote 1

If you are thinking about coming to the game, I saw several stubhub tickets for our game.  Probably fans from the afternoon game?

image.png.4b3f0e2103d16fc694dadf285d34f3be.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Old Titan said:

McLean is a curious choice for starting game 1 of a regional.  He was injured for 6 weeks, returning in early May, and has pitched 14 innings since his return.  His stats were definitely better BEFORE the injury (and when he was primarily a one-inning guy out of the bullpen).  ERA 1.37 before/2.57 after - WHIP 1.22 before/1.57 after.  Obviously, if ORU breaks through early, Holliday will adjust course pretty quickly.

The weather forecast may also play havoc for tomorrow night - and the weekend as a whole.  It would be a surprise if the late game is not interrupted at least once for a weather delay, and if/when that occurs could be critical to the outcome of the game.  For everyone's sake, I certainly hope that they don't try to start the game on time, only to have rain or a lightning strike occur in the first hour of play. 

43 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

The weather forecast may also play havoc for tomorrow night - and the weekend as a whole.  It would be a surprise if the late game is not interrupted at least once for a weather delay, and if/when that occurs could be critical to the outcome of the game.  For everyone's sake, I certainly hope that they don't try to start the game on time, only to have rain or a lightning strike occur in the first hour of play. 

Seems I recall another downpour or rain delay a long time ago … or was that just a dream?