Confirmed: Paul Mills to Wichita State

Old Titan

22 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Yeah, but a .500 season or two and they will be eviscerating him on talk radio and the message boards.  These are NOT patient fans, and they do NOT like being treated in a condescending manner.

Whether they are correct or not, they are convinced they know as much or more about basketball as you, me, and Coach Mills. 

Think TU fans, but even less patient.

I COMPLETELY agree with this statement! When I heard Mills was off to Wichita my gut instinct said this is not a wise move( in my opinion). He will either be a hero or a zero and I think his coaching was exposed in the Duke game so his ability to recruit will make or break him. I truly wish him the best but I personally would not relish the Shocker environment. They have had too much success and will not settle for anything less

• Upvote 1

Huge mistake by Coach Mills...a total blunder...plus when he comes to Philly next season to play Temple... TheEagleman will be there booing him....😛

Hey....maybe Greg Kampe is looking to make a move after 30 yrs....he can drop his F bombs all over Mabee Center....😜

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

Thanks - I'm not as up on this stuff as I should be before commenting!! I'm six years behind the times!!

This is what happens when you step away from this board for a while . . .

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Figured a bombshell like this one deserved it's own thread...

Count me as another who would love to see Russell Springman get the job...if Wichita is not offering more as an assistant. 😬

I really like Springman as he also did a great job at TX. 

Wondering if they open job up and will look for guys with head coaching experience? Be interesting for sure. 

3 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Huge mistake by Coach Mills...a total blunder...plus when he comes to Philly next season to play Temple... TheEagleman will be there booing him....😛

Wondering if it is 4 years at $10 million? The $ will be interesting. 

Someone who is smarter than the rest of us. Can you find what WSU pays their assistants last year?

2 minutes ago, darrenj said:

Wondering if they open job up and will look for guys with head coaching experience? Be interesting for sure. 

Have to believe that there is going to be tremendous interest in the ORU job.  If we tarry too long, Springman will get spooked and decide to find his next job.  We have to keep this search to a very short length of time if Springmann is in the mix.

• Upvote 1

TheEagleman hoping Springman doesn't follow Mills to WSU....he seems like just what ORU needs....to be honest...TheEagleman likes him better than Mills....its a no brainer!!😍

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Yeah, but a .500 season or two and they will be eviscerating him on talk radio and the message boards.  These are NOT patient fans, and they do NOT like being treated in a condescending manner.

Whether they are correct or not, they are convinced they know as much or more about basketball as you, me, and Coach Mills. 

Think TU fans, but even less patient.

I COMPLETELY agree with this statement! My gut tells me this is not a good move for Mills. His coaching was exposed in the Duke game as well as at other games so his ability to recruit will make or break him. Shocker fans are used to winning and they will not tolerate anything else. In my opinion Mills will be a hero or a zero and the odds are not in his favor. I really like Mills and wish him great success! You may see a sign on his car heading to Wichita that says P5 job or bust! This is the risk you take when you go for more $……..quick success fast! A bust at Wichita State more than likely no P5

1 minute ago, darrenj said:

Springmann is my #1 right now

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman hoping Springman doesn't follow Mills to WSU....he seems like just what ORU needs....to be honest...TheEagleman likes him better than Mills....its a no brainer!!😍

I met Springman 2 years ago at the ORU basketball camp. We talked for at least 30 minutes and I couldn’t have been more impressed! He shared his heart with me and told me how much his family loves Tulsa and how  he and his wife would love to be here at least until their kids graduate from Bixby high school. Mrs Eagle 88 has met Springman on several occasions and she really likes him too. He is a man with a strong Christian faith and has very high integrity. I know people on the basketball staff who respect him a lot. He would be my 1st choice 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Wow what a difference a week makes!  Last Tuesday we were on the edge of our seats waiting for one of the biggest games in school history and now the coach is gone and Trey is too!

Just now, ORUalum said:

Houston, Cincy, and UCF all headed to the Big 12

Thanks for the update. So that leaves Memphis. 

Just now, darrenj said:

Well Houston is going to Big 12 for next yr along with Cincinnati.:)

Memphis is it.