Transfer Portal 2023

Eaglefan 21

Just saw the news. Kareem is coming back!!!!!!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, titansforever said:

Just saw the news. Kareem is coming back!!!!!!!!!!!

It's definitely great news; several posts re: Kareem's return can be found in the "2023-24 Roster" thread here:  Recruiting and Current Roster

Also headed to the Transfer Portal...... Image result for Hunter biden  and has heard from the following....Leavenworth, Attica and San Quentin.....

• Haha 2

Max and Texas got some more help through the portal today.  They have a commitment from UT Arlington's freshman of the year in the WAC (Weaver 9.5 points and 4.6 rebounds) and a 6'8 forward from UTEP (Zedrik 7 points and 4 rebounds).  Neither is an all star but both can help off the bench.  Longhorns reloading.

I can't get over all the so-called college basketball experts gushing that Grant Nelson from NDSU is the best player to enter the portal so far this off-season.

Pretty obvious they haven't watched him as much as we have, and don't realize how much he disappears at key stretches in games, and sometimes just downright quits when things aren't going well. 

Wondering if the big schools with smart coaches will be as enamored with him as the media, once they watch his film. 

If he does indeed transfer instead of going pro overseas, it wouldn't be surprising to see him fall to a solid mid-major such as a San Diego State or Nevada, or to a needy P5 like a Wisconsin or Iowa.

But to the likes of a Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina or Kansas, as has been suggested?  Very doubtful...

• Haha 1

Grant Nelson is good at a lot of things but not great at anything.  He led NDSU in every category (points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks).  That is very unique at 6'11 for anyone to do that and pretty sure no one else in the country did that at his size.  Now that is a big jump to go from NDSU to a blue blood program and Nelson would mostly be a bench player if he did.

If I was a GM and had a low second round pick with a really good NBA team: Denver, Boston or even Golden State, then I would roll the dice and take a chance on Nelson just because he has such a unique skill set for a 6'11 guy.  What would you have to lose, if he were a bust then you still have a good team and it really does not matter.  He shoots about 30 from three and in the end Nelson will have to improve on that to make it in league.  He could maybe make it as a stretch 4 in the NBA someday.

Kansas just had a 6'9 center named Zuby (great name) Eibofor enter the transfer portal.  He is a big man who is skilled around the basket and is from the Dallas area.  He basically sat on the bench last year and left because Kansas got Hunter Dickinson.  Time for Coach to get on the phone and reel the guy in!  We are going fishing!

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Good stuff - solid chance we'll see Nate on the Mabee Center floor next season (or two!).

He will for sure get playing minutes there. Good for him. 

On 5/5/2023 at 9:47 AM, ORUalum said:

Surprised he doesn’t have WSU on his list. You would think the Drew connection would have given Kerry a chance. Oh well…..😂

10 hours ago, ORob2 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr9awDgOCTt/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

Last slide of this post shows Nate Clover’s announcement to Rogers State

Nate always seemed like a great teammate. His defense was good but his offense and rebounding never developed. I wish him all the best!

• Upvote 2

I guess that officially closes the books on all of ORU's transfers/potential transfers.  Shocked not a single player followed Mills to WSU.

Best of luck to all those guys whether they stayed, transferred, or went pro.  The 2022-23 season was a special one for ORUMBB.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ORUalum said:

I guess that officially closes the books on all of ORU's transfers/potential transfers.  Shocked not a single player followed Mills to WSU.

Best of luck to all those guys whether they stayed, transferred, or went pro.  The 2022-23 season was a special one for ORUMBB.

Don't forget Vanover - I could still see him going to Wichita State; the Germany kid that's transferring there is a post man, not a stretch four like Connor.  Mills would let him keep shooting those threes...

6 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Don't forget Vanover - I could still see him going to Wichita State; the Germany kid that's transferring there is a post man, not a stretch four like Connor.  Mills would let him keep shooting those threes...

good point, i was assuming he was going pro whether the G league or overseas.  WSU would probably be his best option if he returns to college.

Today is the last day to enter the portal (May 11th) or if a player does enter later on, then they have to sit out another year.  Will there be any interesting moves at the last minute: Kansas just had another big guy enter the portal.  

• Upvote 2