Transfer Portal 2023

Eaglefan 21

I'm going to get the ball rolling on this as two summit league bench players have enterered the portal. It will be fascinating to see what Mills ( assuming he is still at ORU) will do in the offseason in regards to transfers. Hopefully we make some major noise in the tournament and players are heavily interested in joining our program. Will other summit league schools follow our format and try to go after experienced players?  I'm also interested to see if Tulsa completely dismantles their team and goes fishing in the portal or if they stand pat. 

Caleb Nero- Leaving UND

Kyle Luedtke- leaving Omaha

10 minutes ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

I'm going to get the ball rolling on this as two summit league bench players have enterered the portal. It will be fascinating to see what Mills ( assuming he is still at ORU) will do in the offseason in regards to transfers. Hopefully we make some major noise in the tournament and players are heavily interested in joining our program. Will other summit league schools follow our format and try to go after experienced players?  I'm also interested to see if Tulsa completely dismantles their team and goes fishing in the portal or if they stand pat. 

Caleb Nero- Leaving UND

Kyle Luedtke- leaving Omaha

Win a game or 2 and there will be a lot of unhappy Power 5 kids that will get interested in ORU pretty quickly. New facilities to visit right after season and watching the way ORU plays offensively. They will have a lot to sell those type of kids. Very good situation for Mills. 

You would think Tulsa is going to have to go out and get at least 6 to 7 new players and guys that can come in to contribute right now. That roster is terrible. 

One of their fans said that their big guy is the only guy they had this year that would have been top 6 or 7 guy on ORU. OUCH!  

• Upvote 1

Truth, Darren, truth! This is a special team! Paul and the coaches have done a great job bring these guys together and creating the right atmosphere. I personally believe that God has had something to do with it! Go ORU!

ORU is going to need to find a shooting guard and center with Max and Connor most likely leaving for pro options.  You can never really replace those two as they are once in a generational type guys but hopefully the Eagles can find solid players to fill their shoes.

Full court press to convince Connor to stay. How do we donate to an NIL fund?  He would be great in commercials that use his height. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

Full court press to convince Connor to stay. How do we donate to an NIL fund?  He would be great in commercials that use his height. 

Gut says he stays one more year with Isaac. 

• Upvote 3

I would second that thinking. Although I hope Connor gets an invite for NBA workouts to improve his stock this summer.

Pretty sure Connor's only option for leaving is turning pro; think he's used up all his transfer portal tickets.

Texas Tech's Fardaws Aimaq has entered the portal.  He is a skilled big man (6'11 245) that averaged around 11 points and 8 rebounds in an injury-riddled season for the Red Raiders.  He would be a nice replacement for Connor but I have a feeling he is Muslim.  Has ORU ever had a Muslim basketball player?  Maybe not

4 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Texas Tech's Fardaws Aimaq has entered the portal.  He is a skilled big man (6'11 245) that averaged around 12 points and 8 rebounds in an injury-riddled season for the Red Raiders.  He would be a nice replacement for Connor but I have a feeling he is Muslim.  Has ORU ever had a Muslim basketball player?  Maybe not

The guy started for a Big XII team; hes's not coming to ORU or any other mid-major.

Whether it's high school, juco, or the portal, ORU must look for "diamonds in the rough":  under-utilized reserves from P5 schools (such as Issac, Connor or Demari) and/or disgruntled starters from other low-to-mid-majors (Patrick).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Old Titan said:

The guy started for a Big XII team; hes's not coming to ORU or any other mid-major.

Whether it's high school, juco, or the portal, ORU must look for "diamonds in the rough":  under-utilized reserves from P5 schools (such as Issac, Connor or Demari) and/or disgruntled starters from other low-to-mid-majors (Patrick).

💯 🎯

• Upvote 1

Akol Arop from Omaha is in the portal.

A couple of interesting names are Camren Hunter Collin Cooper from Central Arkansas are both in the Portal this morning. Camren averaged 17.0 points per game and nearly 4 assists. He is a load of a point guard and was recruited by ORU before signing with Central Arkansas. Collin Cooper is a double digit scorer and both players are from Arkansas. I'm guessing they are looking to move up a conference but if they wanted to stay close to home, especially Hunter, would be worth taking a flyer on!

Also, Eddie Lampkin from TCU has entered the portal, weird move right before the tournament. I'm guessing there is a story there but I haven't looked into it yet.

12 minutes ago, Eaglefan 21 said:

Also, Eddie Lampkin from TCU has entered the portal, weird move right before the tournament. I'm guessing there is a story there but I haven't looked into it yet.

Oh, there's a story all right. It was covered a bit in another thread, but here's a short summary:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10068266-tcu-center-eddie-lampkins-mom-accuses-jamie-dixon-of-making-racial-remarks

Is there a way we just just post an ad in the portal for any defensive minded swing players that can shoot the 3? Mwamba mold players. I hope Demari is able to work on his 3 point shooting this summer( same for Herron ). If he can develop as a shooter, those are the kinds of guys we would love to welcome to 77th and Lewis with some snazzy lockers and facilities with their names on it.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Ting said:

Is there a way we just just post an ad in the portal for any defensive minded swing players that can shoot the 3? Mwamba mold players. I hope Demari is able to work on his 3 point shooting this summer( same for Herron ). If he can develop as a shooter, those are the kinds of guys we would love to welcome to 77th and Lewis with some snazzy lockers and facilities with their names on it.

Plenty of free advertisement available at 6 pm on Thursday on CBS!:):) Win that game and the phones will be ringing off the hook for the ORU staff. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Yep. a deep NCAA run with some highlights on primetime tv for former transfers Mwamba and Connor will open some conversations for summer portal recruiting.