Transfer Portal 2023

Eaglefan 21

6 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Kareem is such a solid guy and has been for 3 years.  Just does it all!  Now ORU needs a good big (say 6'9 guy) out of the portal who can give the Eagles 10 points and 5 rebounds a game.  Then ORU would be a top 3 team in the Summit next year.

Like maybe this guy????

6 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Kareem is such a solid guy and has been for 3 years.  Just does it all!  Now ORU needs a good big (say 6'9 guy) out of the portal who can give the Eagles 10 points and 5 rebounds a game.  Then ORU would be a top 3 team in the Summit next year.

Like maybe this guy????

I feel like I'm in an echo chamber......  😁

• Like 3

Moore can be a good player in time but is he ready to be a full time starter at the five and give you double figures on a regular basis?  That would be a big surprise as most freshmen are just not very consistent.  They have one good game and then disappear for 3-4.   I think he is most likely a year or two away from being a full time starter but time will tell.

Moore reminds me of Matthew Mors who went to SDSU after being a red shirt freshmen from Wisconsin.  He slowly got better as the season went on and was the 7 or 8th guy in the Jackrabbits rotation.  Matthew averaged about 6 points and 3 rebounds a game.  Moore might be that level next year.

Latest Summit League portal status, per Jeff Goodman at Stadium.com.

For all the grinching and moaning about the Summit League becoming a de facto farm system for the big boys, only two players listed below that are being "poached" by Power 5 teams, with a third apparently moving from one reserve role (at South Dakota) to another (at Illinois).  Everyone else is just looking for more playing time...

ScreenShot2023-05-01at8_53_41AM.thumb.png.44e5ed497953d2a62c49285329d31596.png

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the update, OT.  Still about 10-11 days left for players to enter the transfer portal.  It looks like Zeke Mayo is returning for SDSU and the Jackrabbits have no players in the portal.  Besides Baylor S., I cannot remember them losing any transfers the last few years.  Pretty simple but good teams at the mid major level have to keep their guys.  That is one key to why ORU made the Sweet 16 run, they rarely ever lost players to the portal until K.O. left for Texas Tech.

Denver, South Dakota, St. Thomas and ORU have been hit the hardest by the portal.  Of course, we are still hoping that Kareem and maybe some others will return from the portal!

20 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

WTH???

Interest at the next level must be less than he was expecting. Coming back to the college level is a good move for him. Wish he'd stay with us. 

• Upvote 1

McBride should be able to talk his good friend from Little Rock into coming back but then again Connor can most likely pick any school he wants to not named Duke, Kentucky, or Kansas.  This will be 4 schools in 5 years for the 7'5 big guy.  He was a lot of fun watching this past year!

7 hours ago, EagleManiac said:

Interest at the next level must be less than he was expecting. Coming back to the college level is a good move for him. Wish he'd stay with us. 

Wondering if he heard how much Max was getting at Texas and decided to test the waters himself.

Some program with a desperate coach and rich/dumb fans & sponsors might just throw him a hundred grand or two for one year, which is better than he would make in Europe.  Some place like Tulsa, Wichita State, Missouri State, even Oklahoma might go after him with their ponderous style.

Gotta admit, this one bothers me.  ORU made him what he is now, at a time when his career was going nowhere. 

Either go pro or come back to 81st & Lewis, but not this... #smh

NOTE:  see additional post from me later in this thread pretty much calling BS on most of this... 🤡

See.....TheEagleman told you this guy was a STIFF......Image result for george costanza photos   But he did get me to give up sports gambling...

• Haha 2

can't blame him for testing the waters to see what's available.  this is the new normal. 

this is good news in a way, that he is not done with college ball.

every player must be re-recruited at season's end.  here's hoping he decides to return.  CV was a big part of ORU's improved defense last year.

Connor added a whole new level of excitement to our games this season. I really hate to see him go. I hope he does come back. But I know it's unlikely, and that he is thinking about what will help him get to another level in his career. Greater exposure, more opportunities. 

(Don't go, Connor! Don't go! 😰)

• Upvote 1

Patrick Mwamba is gone - headed to Loyola-Chicago.  smh on that one.  

13 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Patrick Mwamba is gone - headed to Loyola-Chicago.  smh on that one.  

At this point, I think it's safe to say that no one on the planet understands the transfer rules as they relate to: previous transfers, grad students, international students, etc.

• Haha 2

Anything goes in the transfer portal.  Just put it all in a pot and stir it all around and see what comes out!  Just how Mom made it when we were kids!Very Funny Joke GIF