ORU at St. Thomas

Old Titan

Every stat and the naked eye says this should be a blowout. 

Then Vegas sets the line at 9 points. 

Looks like a slam dunk for ORU to easily cover. 

Are those alarms I hear? I have an uneasy feeling about tonight.

Oh, how I love these sites with gameday predictions that almost make sense. 

Are they bots?  Are they bad translations from another language, or planet? 

All I know is, they're almost in English!

Just never forget, friends:  Max Abmas is "the dude with unrestricted capturing assortment who stretches the ground...scoring above 22 details for every video game for the third consecutive higher education basketball time."  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

St. Thomas is still for the most part lacking size in the paint.  They went out last year and brought in some 6'6 type wing players but that has not solved their problem.  ORU should be able to control the boards and drive the ball to the rim or pass to Connor for some easy paint points.  Until the Tommies find a big man the inside is always open.  Then that opens it up for so good looks for the shooters (Max, McBride, Kareem, etc).

With these issues at center, St. Thomas only real hope is to hit threes in order to cover up these weaknesses.

17 minutes ago, oruvoice said:

Every stat and the naked eye says this should be a blowout. 

Then Vegas sets the line at 9 points. 

Looks like a slam dunk for ORU to easily cover. 

Are those alarms I hear? I have an uneasy feeling about tonight.

Feeling the same.

Get Connor involved early, rebound, and drive the ball.

• Upvote 1

On 2/6/2023 at 1:47 PM, OKC Eagle said:

I say ORU 84-63.

I stand by my prediction. Give no mercy, no hope and no quarter.  Play maximum effort no matter the score. Clear the bench when it's time but keep the pressure on until the shot clock is turned off.  Send another message to the rest of the league with another blowout. 

Defend the 3 and we should win this going away.  I would like to see a lot of points in the paint from Isaac, Max and Conner.

• Upvote 1

Relax, Voice....you have had an uneasy feeling about everything for several years now....your spouse probably deserves a medal.....so crack open a cold one and enjoy tonight....Tommies may hang around for 20....25 or even 30 minutes but Max and Co. will eventually wear them down.....ORU wins by double digits....book it.....🍺😎🍺

18 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

I would like to see a lot of points in the paint from Isaac, Max and Conner.

And Carlos and Patrick.

29 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Relax, Voice....you have had an uneasy feeling about everything for several years now....your spouse probably deserves a medal.....so crack open a cold one and enjoy tonight....Tommies may hang around for 20....25 or even 30 minutes but Max and Co. will eventually wear them down.....ORU wins by double digits....book it.....🍺😎🍺

I'm the one who has told you twice (recently) that we'd win easily, when you were thinking a close game.

Not married. But, recently got engaged. Getting married this summer. Women in their 40's start getting desperate and are willing to settle, so yay me!

Don't drink. At all. Can't stand the taste of alcohol. Have many vices but booze/drugs aren't on the list. Besides, I prefer to keep the spotlight on your sins and keep mine under wraps! 😇

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, oruvoice said:

Not married. But, recently got engaged. Getting married this summer. Women in their 40's start getting desperate and are willing to settle, so yay me!

Congrats on your recent engagement!

• Upvote 1

Since I didn't put a score on my 32+ point spread, so I'll go with 92-60. Last game I told another ORU fan, if I were to predict the outcome, I'd say 90-60, and he told me "You can't predict a score like that on the road." I wish I would have put that on the record... 🙄

Anyways, I'm confident we have elevated to a level beyond what I have seen thus far in the Paul Mills era, where we aren't having to figure things out as you go. I think they have figured it out, and are on a mission to prove a point. It seems like they understand in order to do that, you can't simply "win" in the Summit League. 

It can be almost uncomfortable watching our opponent's body language screaming for mercy, but I will tell you I'm adjusting to the bone crushing routs in stride. 

Basketball is a game, and anything can happen, but I hope that's not tonight, and the good guys make me look like Nostradamus! 😎

• Upvote 2

Usually a glass half empty guy when predicting ORU games.  But I think they are all raising their game especially on defense. So ORU rolls 85-70💪🏀🏆

The Saint Tommies video coverage did indeed start at 6:00. You see the teams warming up and can hear music and fans talking. It's like sitting in the stands waiting for the game to start. A few minutes ago someone was testing the sound for the video announcer's mic. It sounded pretty good.

Congrats, Voice....we love you brother!! Is this #1?...#2??....or maybe #3??? Hope she's an ORU fan...😍

At least this gives you a comfort level that the video streaming is up an running, instead of the typical "Your program has not yet begun".

video is working for me - that gym is about the size of my kid's middle school gym... cute. the Tommies have a big time announcer - great growly voice. 

• Haha 1