ORU at St. Thomas

Old Titan

21 minutes ago, Ting said:

Impressed with the stats knowledge of this board. You guys just have all those stats and facts top of mind? Or have to actually do research for these posts….? 

Sadly I look stuff up, because I'm a geek. 

The ORU Athletics website has everything one might need for reference in the "Record Book" section:

https://oruathletics.com/documents/2022/12/5/2022-23ORUMBBMediaGuide.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hate the way they schedule the men's and women's games.  I have to chose between seeing the women's team play live or the livestream of the men's game.  Doesn't it save travel costs to allow both teams to travel together?  I liked when the women's games were before the men's games--I was much more likely to attend, especially on Saturdays.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

I hate the way they schedule the men's and women's games.  I have to chose between seeing the women's team play live or the livestream of the men's game.  Doesn't it save travel costs to allow both teams to travel together?  I liked when the women's games were before the men's games--I was much more likely to attend, especially on Saturdays.

Diversity. Equity. Inclusion. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, OKC Eagle said:

2 hours ago, oruvoice said:

Diversity. Equity. Inclusion. 

I think the old technique was actually better for the women's program.  When I was a student, we attended the women's game in order to assure ourselves of getting good seats for the men's game.  We didn't just sit there and stare at our phones, because they hadn't been invented yet.  We watched the game and cheered for the Lady Titans.  @Old Titanwill remember the details better than me but I recollect some pretty good crowds and support for the women's team back in those days.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

I think the old technique was actually better for the women's program.  When I was a student, we attended the women's game in order to assure ourselves of getting good seats for the men's game.  We didn't just sit there and stare at our phones, because they hadn't been invented yet.  We watched the game and cheered for the Lady Titans.  @Old Titanwill remember the details better than me but I recollect some pretty good crowds and support for the women's team back in those days.

You are correct. It was a MUCH better situation for all. However, the woke University administrations felt it more important for the ladies to have their "own stage". 

Of course, these are the same people that are all for dudes using the women's restroom, so...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

The last two games, ORU has been as good as I have seen in 20 years, winning by 78 points.  It is not too often that anybody wins Summit League games by an average of 39 points.  It is hard to expect them to play that well through the rest of the season and into March but the Eagles have shown the ability to win on so/so nights.  

This is St. Thomas's biggest game since they joined D1.  I would expect them to be fired up in front of their huge crowd of 1,800 tomorrow night but ORU should win by 10.  Tommies are building a good team but they are still not quite there yet.

• Upvote 2

This ORU squad is playing some of the best ball that TheEagleman has seen us play in the 21st century....and they know what they have to do which is win EVERY GAME...the poise and maturity on this team is clear .....I guess they could show up with a clunker at some point....but that just doesn't seem like it will happen and I don't expect them to do it tomorrow night in Minnesota.....St. Thomas???  Please.....now look....TheEagleman does admire how far this DIII team has come in just two seasons in the Summit and their home record is one to applaud....but we will be the best team by far to come into their 1800 seat gym which will be filled to overflowing for this contest.....yes I would expect the Tommies to be juiced for this one and they very well can be expected to hang around for 20-25 minutes.....but too much talent for the Golden Eagles and they can't stop Max and Vanover....ORU wears down St. Thomas in the 2nd half on the way to an 88-72 victory............... GO BLUE!!! Image result for St Thomas University logo Image result for Oral Roberts University Logo

• Upvote 1

Image BRING IT ON!!!! 😎

• Like 1

The Tommies are 7-6 in league play and 3-2 over the last 5 games. They have lost one league game at home (South Dakota) and won two league games on the road.

In conference:

PPG:   71.6

FG%:   42.9% with opponents shooting 48.3%
3pt%:  31.7% (24.8 attempts pg)

FT%:   79.4%
Reb Margin:  -6.3

TO’s:  8.6

They shoot a lot of threes and can get hot - so we need to guard the perimeter. I think they will try to slow the game down and make us play defense for 30 seconds

• Upvote 1

ORU only -9.0 tonight.....TheEagleman would have to advise take the Good Guys and lay the points.....Golden Eagles by double digits and this guy agrees....:hc_mills:

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

ORU only -9.0 tonight.....TheEagleman would have to advise take the Good Guys and lay the points.....Golden Eagles by double digits and this guy agrees....:hc_mills:

The tricky thing about betting is you cannot predict the oddities of the end of game scenarios.  If we started down 9-0 tonight, I would absolutely pick us to win probably still by double digits.  But the coach is playing for a win, not a 9 point win.  This is among the many reasons why I don't bet.

50 minutes ago, OKC Eagle said:

The tricky thing about betting is you cannot predict the oddities of the end of game scenarios.  If we started down 9-0 tonight, I would absolutely pick us to win probably still by double digits.  But the coach is playing for a win, not a 9 point win.  This is among the many reasons why I don't bet.

As one half of my avatar used to say:

"Well, it's hard to be a gambler
Bettin' on the number
That changes ev'ry time
Well, you think you're gonna win

Think she's givin' in
A stranger's all you find"

• Upvote 1

Like TheEagleman has often said.....Good Coaches win....GREAT Coaches COVER......:hc_mills:

• Upvote 1

I see that the Tommies All-Access live video is scheduled to start its pre-game broadcast at 6:00 PM. Experience has taught me that these scheduled pregame programs often begin much later than the advertised start time. Nevertheless, I'll click on the link at 6:00 PM.

https://tommiesports.com/watch/?Live=279&type=Live

• Like 1