Summit League 22-23 Predictions/Results

TrueBlue82

TOTAL DOMINATION!!!....ORU needs to keep kicking opponents around....40 minutes EVERY NIGHT!!!  :shield-logo:

Big Al and Coach Mills....

2.1.2023 Big Al https://p.ftur.io/kfaqam/11254

How has this team grown from when coach Mills took over? How has coach Mills grown? How satisfying is it to see the Mabee Center filled? What makes Max Abmas so draftable? Big Al is joined by ORU men’s basketball coach, Paul Mills!

3 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

Big Al and Coach Mills....

2.1.2023 Big Al https://p.ftur.io/kfaqam/11254

How has this team grown from when coach Mills took over? How has coach Mills grown? How satisfying is it to see the Mabee Center filled? What makes Max Abmas so draftable? Big Al is joined by ORU men’s basketball coach, Paul Mills!

Poor Al…

Semi-retired in Knoxville, TN and quite literally and figuratively “phoning it in” on his show every morning. 

I mean, c’mon now:  if Max’s name truly was pronounced “ASS-muss”, don’t you think he would have changed it by now??

Harry Potter Seriously GIF

• Haha 1

Good coaches win...GREAT COACHES COVER!...GO BLUE!!! :hc_mills::shield-logo::hc_mills:    Image result for Bad Beats ESPN

• Haha 1

Al corrected himself after hearing Coach Mills pronounce Abmas’ name correctly. It was actually a pretty good interview. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

Poor Al…

Semi-retired in Knoxville, TN and quite literally and figuratively “phoning it in” on his show every morning. 

I mean, c’mon now:  if Max’s name truly was pronounced “ASS-muss”, don’t you think he would have changed it by now??

Harry Potter Seriously GIF

I've always really liked Big Al. I didn't realize he'd left Tulsa. ORU has had some GREAT radio announcers - Dave Garrett, Geoff Haxton, and currently Adam Hildebrandt all fit in that category. But I used to love the Big Al/Steve Bontrager combo - Al with his New York accent, "Obanor drives to the basket for a reverse layup - GIVE IT TO HIM AND HE'S FOULED!!" And Steve following with his commentary. Great combo.

Al was also involved in my personal "life's most embarrassing moment." I've probably told that on here before, but it's been a while. 

Great interview. As a fan I love everything Mills had to say.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

Al was also involved in my personal "life's most embarrassing moment." I've probably told that on here before, but it's been a while. 

??? 

Do tell...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Old Titan said:

??? 

Do tell...

I suppose it doesn't sound like that big a deal now, but it was humiliating to me when it happened. It was quite a few years ago, on a Saturday morning at the Tulsa Run. My sister-in-law was running in it so we went down to cheer her on. I don't remember why, but my wife had gone somewhere else, and I was walking along a downtown street pushing one of my boys in a stroller. 

As I looked up the street I saw Big Al Jerkins coming down the street toward me. At the time we were watching Channel 2 news every night, and Al was something of a celebrity in my mind. Although I was totally unaware of it, I must have really been staring at him while I went along, because as I walked by him he looked at me and said, "Can I help you with something?" Or something like that. 

I wanted to crawl in a hole at the time, but it seems pretty funny now. If it happened today I'd probably just say, "Hi, Big Al!" Guess I'm not so easily impressed any more! 😉

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tmh8286 said:

I suppose it doesn't sound like that big a deal now, but it was humiliating to me when it happened. It was quite a few years ago, on a Saturday morning at the Tulsa Run. My sister-in-law was running in it so we went down to cheer her on. I don't remember why, but my wife had gone somewhere else, and I was walking along a downtown street pushing one of my boys in a stroller. 

As I looked up the street I saw Big Al Jerkins coming down the street toward me. At the time we were watching Channel 2 news every night, and Al was something of a celebrity in my mind. Although I was totally unaware of it, I must have really been staring at him while I went along, because as I walked by him he looked at me and said, "Can I help you with something?" Or something like that. 

I wanted to crawl in a hole at the time, but it seems pretty funny now. If it happened today I'd probably just say, "Hi, Big Al!" Guess I'm not so easily impressed any more! 😉

LOL - I don't remember you ever sharing that story; good one! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tmh8286 said:

stALker?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, tmh8286 said:

Maybe . . .  🥸(disguise)

Sorry! Just a bit of a joke and some word play on Big AL. 🙂

25 minutes ago, Texasgrip said:

Sorry! Just a bit of a joke and some word play on Big AL. 🙂

Wow!! So sorry for the red face!! I didn't post that on purpose and didn't notice it till just now!! I recognized your intentions and caught the word play. Sorry it came across that I was mad - that thought never crossed my mind! I was meaning to play along with the Groucho Marx disguise!  (Maybe you could edit that red face off the quote on your post!😊)

• Haha 1

Interesting night in the Summit.  Three of the four ROAD teams were actually slight favorites tonight, but only one (St Thomas) was able to pull off the win.  NDSU and WIU were also favored, but missed a chance to move away from the "parity pack" in the middle of the conference.  Omaha now seems destined to play in the 8/9 seed tourney game on opening night, with the winner to play ORU, if the Eagles hold onto their title lead.  With our close encounters with Omaha this season, I wouldn't mind seeing them in a different slot of the bracket.

ORU +3

SDSU +1

NDSU - even

Western - even

KC - even

St Thomas - even

Denver -1

USD -1

Omaha -3

UND - 10 seed

• Upvote 1