ORU Bracketology and rankings for 2023

eagle88

Hopefully any of those from the B10 or ACC. Would really hate to draw the ire of a mid-major in a 1st round game (still putting Creighton in that category).

Is there still an unofficial "non-conference regular season opponent" rule keeping us from getting St Marys? Although I'm sure the committee would gladly overlook that.

Have no clue what the formula is for creating this bracket, but ORU as a NINE seed?  That's my kind of math!

• Like 4

Truth be told, I've never been a huge Joe Lunardi fan; I always considered him to have an East Coast bias, particularly when it came to mid-majors.  But, he seems to have come around to ORU in recent years, perhaps due to his participation (and I'm assuming compensation) with the ORU Bracketology Breakfast.

Regardless, I have noticed this about Joe over the years:  he is right a LOT when it comes to the final week or two of predicting the bracket; presumably because he knows people either in, or with access to, the proverbial "room" where the decisions are made for Selection Sunday.

With that in mind, I think it bears notice that he has CONSISTENTLY listed the following re: ORU in his brackets the past couple of weeks:

• a No-12 Seed
  • facing Miami
  • in Albany, NY

Here's his latest installment...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Truth be told, I've never been a huge Joe Lunardi fan; I always considered him to have an East Coast bias, particularly when it came to mid-majors.  But, he seems to have come around to ORU in recent years, perhaps due to his participation (and I'm assuming compensation) with the ORU Bracketology Breakfast.

Regardless, I have noticed this about Joe over the years:  he is right a LOT when it comes to the final week or two of predicting the bracket; presumably because he knows people either in, or with access to, the proverbial "room" where the decisions are made for Selection Sunday.

With that in mind, I think it bears notice that he has CONSISTENTLY listed the following re: ORU in his brackets the past couple of weeks:

• a No-12 Seed
  • facing Miami
  • in Albany, NY

Here's his latest installment...

Lol figures my hometown area. I quess I'll have to cancel my Hawaiian cruise! Well I can recommend some good restaurants 😄😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORUTerry said:

If you watched the coach's show the week that Director of Player Development / Video Coordinator Iain Laymon filled in for Coach Mills, you heard that Tom Crean called Mills when he got the ORU job and told Mills that he "had to hire" Laymon.  So there's a connection between Mills and Creen....not to say this isn't a great shout out from the guy.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Old Titan said:

But, he seems to have come around to ORU in recent years, perhaps due to his participation (and I'm assuming compensation) with the ORU Bracketology Breakfast.

FWIW, outside of a "thank you basket" after the event, Joe has not been compensated for his participation.  I think Joe's relationship with Eddie Sutton was what got him involved in the Bracketology Breakfast initially.  I think that Joe found the event fun to do and has been doing it each year since.  He brings a level of knowledge and credibility to the event that has kept the Bracketology Breakfast a "must attend" event every year for those that love March Madness.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, ORUFanbase said:

SB Nation Blogging the Bracket has ORU #11 vs. A&M #5

B1D28E19-0F5F-4385-A392-DA5F923AF9DB.jpeg

The Aggies just upset Alabama

• Haha 1

ORU moved up one slot to 42 in NET rankings (3.5.23) after beating North Dakota last night and improved its record to 28-4. It will be interesting to see if we garner more top 25 votes and can possibly break into the top 25. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Source: On3 

ESPN updates Bracketology for March Madness after final regular season weekend

Sam Gillenwaterabout 3 hours

East Region (New York)

No. 1 Houston vs. No. 16 Alcorn State/Howard

No. 8 Illinois vs. No. 9 Arkansas

No. 5 Saint Mary’s vs. No. 12 Oral Roberts

No. 4 UConn vs. No. 13 Yale

No. 6 Duke vs. No. 11 Rutgers

No. 3 Tennessee vs. No. 14 Louisiana

No. 7 Iowa vs. No. 10 Pittsburgh

No. 2 Texas vs. No. 15 Youngstown State

Source: Blogging the Brackets (SB Nation)

Bracketology 2023: Text-Only Bracket and Seed List for March 5, 2023

The 1-68 seed list and, for those using screen readers, a text-only version of Sunday’s bracket.

4. East (New York)

Columbus (Friday and Sunday)

1 Purdue (Big Ten) vs. 16 Howard (MEAC) or Southeast Missouri State (OVC)

8 Missouri vs. 9 Memphis

Greensboro (Friday and Sunday)

5 San Diego State (MW) vs. 12 Iona (MAAC)

4 Tennessee vs. 13 Hofstra (CAA)

Albany (Friday and Sunday)

6 Iowa vs. 11 Oral Roberts (Summit)

3 UConn vs. 14 Yale (Ivy)

Denver (Friday and Sunday)

7 Duke vs. 10 Auburn

2 Texas vs. 15 Vermont (AE)

Jerry Palm of CBS has Duke #5 vs. ORU #12 in the South Region 

UPDATEDMar 06, 9:03am

If ORU wins the Summit and finishes 30-4....it would be a crime if we are not an 11 seed.....just sayin'.....:circle-logoi:

I say they should just declare us the national champions and be done with it. We've exceeded everyone's expectations this season, and we deserve the top prize! :oru:

• Like 1