Meanwhile at 11th & Harvard...

Old Titan

1 hour ago, oruvoice said:

Poor thing. No wonder she's so cranky. 

Somebody find her a MAN! 

I see the upvote button, but can't seem to find a downvote. Too bad. Voice, you're better than that.

• Upvote 1

TheEagleman has watched some TU home games on TV and sorry but this Kelly is making that stuff up....the place is empty....maybe she's on the payroll at TU because no way they are getting over 4000 fans per game....plus the product is putrid.....worst TU team I have seen in many a year.....but TheEagleman sheds no tears for our friends over at 11th and Harvard.....they just stink.....and I love it.....Image result for George Costanza

3 hours ago, ORUTex said:

I see the upvote button, but can't seem to find a downvote. Too bad. Voice, you're better than that.

Just a joke. Meant no harm. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

If anyone wondered what "rock bottom" looks like at 11th & Harvard, this is it:  losing for the first time EVER - by 27 at home - to fellow AAC cellar-dweller South Florida.

Barry Lewis of The Tulsa World, a Tulsa grad, is not one for hyperbole:  if he says it's bad, it's bad...

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, ORUalum11 said:

Is this the worst season that any Tulsa-based team has ever had? 

Bill Self's first season at ORU was pretty awful (lost 15 straight to finish 6-21), as was Ken Trickey's last year in his second go-around (5-22)

But it's apparently the worst season TU has ever had, rivaling the "Country Jim" King debacle in the late '70's.

I would have to believe that this season has seen the all-time greatest disparity between the two Tulsa universities.  Both schools are historically slightly above average, but this years 23-4 vs. 5-20 difference is quite a chasm (would be 17 games back).  Very thankful to be on the positive side of that equation.   

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

If anyone wondered what "rock bottom" looks like at 11th & Harvard, this is it:  losing for the first time EVER - by 27 at home - to fellow AAC cellar-dweller South Florida.

Barry Lewis of The Tulsa World, a Tulsa grad, is not one for hyperbole:  if he says it's bad, it's bad...

How do I like this post a hundred times?

Meanwhile, a few sunshine-pumpers on their forum insisting first-year head coach Eric Konkol deserves a free pass because the cupboard was bare in terms of talent, ignoring the fact he brought in a half-dozen guys from the portal and his recruiting class at Lousiana Tech...

Explosion Reaction GIF

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Check oiut the banks of empty seats in these photos - "increased attendance" my foot...

spacer.png

I would like to know exactly what this was an "increase" from? 🤔

2 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

spacer.png

I would like to know exactly what this was an "increase" from? 🤔

Fans on their message board saying it was the worst crowd of the season (and that was with a free beer promotion...)

Season 1 Nbc GIF by The Good Place

TU averaging over 4300 fans per game????.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Image result for Cosmo Kramer

Yikes. They've made huge efforts this year to get butts in seats but it's just not working 🤣. Honestly, I was pretty impressed with their game experience when we played them in December and was a bit envious of some of their amenities. But I guess there's only so much all that $$$ spent on facility upgrades, expensive game promotions, and billboards (on every single highway in Tulsa) can do when you're getting smoked every time out. 

Let's not forget that our roles were reversed not very long ago. Some of those Frank Haith teams that went toe to toe with great AAC teams coming into the Reynolds center were drawing huge crowds, while we were lucky to draw more than a few hundred of us diehards to the Mabee at our low point in the early Mills years. Let's keep things rolling!

• Upvote 2

...and for anyone who wonders why I'm so fixated on the Golden Hurlicane (particularly since I'm an advocate for dropping the series), it's because ORU competes with them in so many arenas other than on the court:

• Recruiting
  • Fans
  • Sponsors
  • Media coverage

If they're not going to bother being good enough to represent a worthy conquest (...in the words of the Saxon king in the otherwise terrible movie, King Arther:  "Finally - a man worth killing!"), then it's fascinating to witness just how bad they can get before taking meaningful action to correct the problem.

Red Panda at halftime and free beer in the second half aren't going to cut it...

18 minutes ago, EagleManiac said:

Let's not forget that our roles were reversed not very long ago. Some of those Frank Haith teams that went toe to toe with great AAC teams coming into the Reynolds center were drawing huge crowds, while we were lucky to draw more than a few hundred of us diehards to the Mabee at our low point in the early Mills years. Let's keep things rolling!

That's what I keep thinking. We've had some pretty disappointing years, too. Let's be grateful for this fantastic season and pray that there's no letdown next year.

On a sidenote...today and tomorrow is another "Quest Event" on campus, which means lots of prospective students are here to check out ORU. Gee, I wonder if they'll be at the game tonight? 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

free beer in the second half

Wait, they have free beer? Do they have a game this weekend?😏

• Haha 1