Meanwhile at 11th & Harvard...

Old Titan

At least if the shoe gets on the other foot, Oral Roberts will fit within the Oklahoma and Oklahoma State "O" brigade. 🤣

• Upvote 1

The replies from TU fans on those tweets are about what you would expect; one of them said "What happened to your coach?"

I was tempted to reply "What happened to your entire roster?"

• Haha 4

22 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

I was tempted to reply "What happened to your entire roster?"

I don't think one can be "tempted" to reply righteously...by all means, carry on.

And just ignore that verse about speaking the truth in love...that was just for the Ephesians. 🤣

I don’t mind the tweet. I think it’s a fun way to highlight how good ORU was this year compared to the other teams in the state. The “others” referencing TU is just a jab at a rival, which is what you’re supposed to do to rivals. I don’t see it as crossing a line of civility. It’s not like they called them any bad names or even really criticized them. I would think TU would appreciate that their name wasn’t next to the 5 wins. ORU was actually being NICE to them! 😀

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Idig32 said:

...The “others” referencing TU is just a jab at a rival, which is what you’re supposed to do to rivals....

About as mild and harmless as a jab could be. It's FUNNY. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Idig32 said:

I don’t mind the tweet. I think it’s a fun way to highlight how good ORU was this year compared to the other teams in the state. The “others” referencing TU is just a jab at a rival, which is what you’re supposed to do to rivals. I don’t see it as crossing a line of civility. It’s not like they called them any bad names or even really criticized them. I would think TU would appreciate that their name wasn’t next to the 5 wins. ORU was actually being NICE to them! 😀

I agree with TrueBlue82 from his previous post.  I think that the athletic department was attempting to match the "O"s in the list and it didn't fit for it to say Tulsa.  Their attempt at consistently provided some interesting consequences.

20 minutes ago, EagleManiac said:

When are we getting our own bigger/better version?

They're working on it...…  😎

• Upvote 3

On 3/30/2023 at 5:49 PM, EagleManiac said:

https://www.hurricaneimpact.org/about

New NIL collective at TU to try to create a roster for next season. When are we getting our own bigger/better version?

TU just got a transfer out of the portal from Michigan, a small forward named Barnes. He was a 4 star out of Simeon HS in Chicago which is a big time HS basketball program.

Looks like they are rebuilding their roster with better talent! 

Good NIL money can do wonders when combined with good recruiting!

TU still sucks...they need about 8 more guys......of course....so do we.....Image result for George Costanza

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

TU still sucks...they need about 8 more guys......of course....so do we.....Image result for George Costanza

Facts on TU. Cannot deny it. 

The latest on TU.

TU basketball continues roster rebuild with four transfer additions

Kelly Hines

Apr 12, 2023

As a former college basketball player whose career began at one school and ended at another, University of Tulsa coach Eric Konkol is uniquely suited to navigate the transfer-portal era.

“Transferring is not a bad thing,” Konkol said. “The rules, the way they are now, create a lot of opportunity to make changes. … This is about (the players) and about them trying to find something that works.”

Konkol, who played at a pair of small schools in Wisconsin, announced Wednesday the additions of four transfers to his Hurricane roster: Cobe Williams and Keaston Willis from Louisiana Tech; Chauncey Gibson from Clemson; and Isaiah Barnes from Michigan.

“In recruiting, we’re always looking to address several needs and qualities as we bring people into the program,” Konkol said. “We’re looking for guys who have great attitudes and are totally committed and do things in a first-class manner.

“In this particular spring, we are looking to address a number of positions. These four we feel address different things in our backcourt. They’re athletic, they’re versatile, they’re skilled and they’re highly competitive.”

After his first season that produced a 5-25 record, Konkol is bringing in a dozen scholarship players. The only remnants of this past year are freshman guard Jesaiah McWright and walk-on guard Ari Seals, and TU previously signed three players in November: high school big men Jarred Hall and Matt Reed and junior-college transfer Carlous Williams.

“We absolutely had opportunity to sell,” Konkol said. “We are looking always for guys with a little chip on their shoulder that are really hungry — hungry to prove themselves, but hungry to win and hungry to do it at a very high level.”

Tasked with a roster rebuild, Konkol reconnected with two of his Louisiana Tech players in the portal, resulting in Williams and Willis choosing to spend their final season of eligibility with their former coach after combining for 31 points this year. Williams is a skilled on-ball defender and Willis has made 295 3-pointers in his career.

“The way that we’re looking to construct this roster is we have two guys that have been with our staff before and they absolutely know what I expect,” Konkol said. “We’re not only looking for production; we’re looking for a leadership-type role. There’s that void also.

“We’re looking for them to help us establish our program and then have a great year next year for them personally, but also, most importantly, collectively as a group, and then be able to leave a legacy here at the university. It’s also passing that baton onto some of our younger players.”

Konkol also had a previous relationship with Gibson, who visited Louisiana Tech early in his recruiting process and has four years of eligibility left after redshirting this season at Clemson. Barnes caught the attention of TU’s staff in the portal, having been a former four-star recruit who played minimally as a redshirt freshman at Michigan.

With nine players on the roster including the two returning to the team, the Hurricane has five spots to fill ahead of next season. The majority of those will go to post players.

“We’ve got to address some needs in the frontcourt still,” Konkol said. “We’ve had some visit. We have some other visits coming up. We’ve got a number of scholarships there that we need to fill from centers, power forwards and so forth … and then we’ve got another guard spot we need to fill.”

24 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

HOW CAN THIS POSSIBLY BE??? 🤣 🤣 🤣

Frank couldn't close the deal.  Now Frank is sitting at a different seat on the bench.