Meanwhile at 11th & Harvard...

Old Titan

46 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

Frank couldn't close the deal.  Now Frank is sitting at a different seat on the bench.

....trying to close Abmas for the Longhorns

6 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

....trying to close Abmas for the Longhorns

THAT would be enough for me to not sign with UT.  I would run away from a Frank Haith team, but that is just me.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at the list of transfers and Tulsa has 11 players in the portal.  In context, that is even more than New Mexico State (they had 10), who had to shut their program down last year because of an off court issue.  Talk about a total and complete rebuild for the Golden Hurricane.  

4 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Looking at the list of transfers and Tulsa has 11 players in the portal.  In context, that is even more than New Mexico State (they had 10), who had to shut their program down last year because of an off court issue.  Talk about a total and complete rebuild for the Golden Hurricane.  

It seems these players when they don’t land somewhere may have to settle for D2 or 1-AA. I’m sure the TU HC has his short list of players he wants back. 

or

They can go play at WSU.

Edited by ORUFanbase

• 1 month later...

Fun fly-on-the-wall stuff from a handful of TU fans re: ORU Baseball's recent success, sadness over not playing the sport at 11th & Harvard since the 80's, and whether Sunny Gollaway (of all people) might be just the guy to ressurect the program.

Wouldn't that be a hoot; like anyone around here would require additional reasons to want to beat those guys. (lol)

https://tulsa.forums.rivals.com/threads/tulane-baseball-19-40-makes-ncaa-tournament.25542/

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Some bad news for TU as a result of the storm. Link is here: https://tulsaworld.com/sports/college/tu/weekend-storms-leave-damages-to-tu-football-basketball-complexes/article_64bb2282-0fb4-11ee-ba83-27a7559d4e96.html 

Weekend storms leave damages to TU football, basketball complexes

An unorthodox ambiance compiled the surroundings of H.A. Chapman Stadium and the Donald W. Reynolds Center at the University of Tulsa.

The severe thunderstorms from last weekend, which kept thousands of Tulsans without power, also left a dent in the homes of the TU football and basketball programs.

Dead trees adorned the outskirts of both stadiums. Patches of the Reynolds Center roof lie on the ground adjacent to the arena entrance. The goalpost ingrained in the floor of the north end zone was lifted to a separate location. Banners adorning nearby light poles were split and some even detached. The TU NFL Hall of Fame poster decorating the north side of the home stands remains half torn from the stone surface it normally covers.

One TU football player, who wished to remain anonymous, said he and his roommate struggled to keep the windows in their respective dorm room shut.

The following day, that same TU player was met with the sight a goalpost upright barricading the gates to the north end zone, where players normally enter for workouts.

“I think it’s pretty cool,” he said. “It’ll take time to get fixed and all that, but for the time being, it’s pretty cool.

“You don’t really see a football field without a goalpost every day.”

The hope, according to construction workers, is to have the damage done to the football stadium repaired within the coming weeks. However, the exact estimate is unknown.

Replenishments to the roof of the basketball arena will likely take longer.

“I knew it was bad,” one construction worker said. “I honestly didn’t expect it to be this bad. And the roof? That’s surprising.”

For now, the defilement serves as another unforeseen effect of Mother Nature.

“I’m from Oklahoma, so I see this stuff more often than people think,” the TU football player said. “It’s something we got to work around for the time being. (It’s) nothing major. Just a bump in the road.”

47 minutes ago, titansforever said:

Some bad news for TU as a result of the storm. Link is here: https://tulsaworld.com/sports/college/tu/weekend-storms-leave-damages-to-tu-football-basketball-complexes/article_64bb2282-0fb4-11ee-ba83-27a7559d4e96.html 

Weekend storms leave damages to TU football, basketball complexes

An unorthodox ambiance compiled the surroundings of H.A. Chapman Stadium and the Donald W. Reynolds Center at the University of Tulsa.

The severe thunderstorms from last weekend, which kept thousands of Tulsans without power, also left a dent in the homes of the TU football and basketball programs.

Dead trees adorned the outskirts of both stadiums. Patches of the Reynolds Center roof lie on the ground adjacent to the arena entrance. The goalpost ingrained in the floor of the north end zone was lifted to a separate location. Banners adorning nearby light poles were split and some even detached. The TU NFL Hall of Fame poster decorating the north side of the home stands remains half torn from the stone surface it normally covers.

One TU football player, who wished to remain anonymous, said he and his roommate struggled to keep the windows in their respective dorm room shut.

The following day, that same TU player was met with the sight a goalpost upright barricading the gates to the north end zone, where players normally enter for workouts.

“I think it’s pretty cool,” he said. “It’ll take time to get fixed and all that, but for the time being, it’s pretty cool.

“You don’t really see a football field without a goalpost every day.”

The hope, according to construction workers, is to have the damage done to the football stadium repaired within the coming weeks. However, the exact estimate is unknown.

Replenishments to the roof of the basketball arena will likely take longer.

“I knew it was bad,” one construction worker said. “I honestly didn’t expect it to be this bad. And the roof? That’s surprising.”

For now, the defilement serves as another unforeseen effect of Mother Nature.

“I’m from Oklahoma, so I see this stuff more often than people think,” the TU football player said. “It’s something we got to work around for the time being. (It’s) nothing major. Just a bump in the road.”

Light pole falls on TU basketball arena due to strong winds.

• 2 months later...

Today is September 20th, and TU still has yet to announce their non-conference basketball schedule for this season.

What are they waiting for?  Most D1 schools already have already announced their slates; does Konkol think he's going to get one of them to play at this point?

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

Today is September 20th, and TU still has yet to announce their non-conference basketball schedule for this season.

What are they waiting for?  Most D1 schools already have already announced their slates; does Konkol think he's going to get one of them to play at this point?

Not sure what the hold up is. TU is bringing in transfers from St. John's, Clemson, Michigan, TCU, and a few guys Konkol coached at LA Tech.

They will be improved because the talent level has nowhere to go but up. Getting 11 new guys to all play well together may be a more than one season task.

9 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Must Boo Viewing:  Wichita State at Tulsa on Wednesday, Jan. 31st:

Nice on scheduling Rogers State…..

Tulsa does have a 24 game schedule on ESPN.  It is not complete but does list some home OOC games and the long 7 mile trip to the Mabee Center.  They are an interesting team this season with a whole new roster.  With so many new faces, I expect another losing season (win maybe 10-12 games) and then you wonder if TU starts thinking about another coach.  The Hurricane might give Coach Eric a third year but he will be skating on thin ice.

• 2 weeks later...

Tulsa finally put out their non conference schedule and it is maybe the easiest of all 363 teams.  Their toughest games are versus OSU Cowboys in OKC and of course ORU at the Mabee Center.  Besides those two, they should win the rest and pad their win total.  I guess after winning five games last year, desperate moves were made to at least get to double digits this year!

TheEagleman might have to break a hard and fast personal rule and root for TU when they play Wichita State....                    👎:hc_mills:👎

• Haha 2

On 10/3/2023 at 9:16 PM, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman might have to break a hard and fast personal rule and root for TU when they play Wichita State....                    👎:hc_mills:👎

That, in my humble opinion, Eagleman, is inconceivable!

• Upvote 1

On 10/3/2023 at 9:16 PM, theeagleman5 said:

Can't do it

• Upvote 1

OK....you convinced me, boys....I will root for a 5OT tie where both teams finally agree to call it a draw.....🤑

• Haha 1