Meanwhile at 11th & Harvard...

Old Titan

#1 - The new coach's latest portal find is a guy from Chicago State, and

#2 - Someone thought this dumpster fire was worth the time and effort:

• Haha 1

How do I down vote a post - and how do I get those 4 minutes back?

• Haha 1

Based on the title of the video, I'm guessing this was intended as entertainment at their all-sports banquet last month?

Gee, I'll bet the 18-to-22-year-old student athletes in attendance were rolling in the aisles over this parody of a movie older than they are, about rich white people and their first-world-problems during a multi-thousand dollar holiday vacation.

Plus, any visuals of an empty Reynolds Center merely evokes memories of their current attendance woes.  I think the closing scene of President Brad Carson munching popcorn while surrounded by empty seats was actually shot during the East Carolina game in February (announced paid attendance 2809).

Now THAT'S an idea for this year's season ticket campaign: "GOLDEN HURRICANE BASKETBALL - HOME ALONE EVERY REYNOLDS CENTER GAME".

That was so bad it was hilarious.  I hope they make one every year.  Who is the guy in the white/black hat?

I think that's Athletic Director Rick Dickson.

https://tulsahurricane.com/staff-directory/rick-dickson/2389

I'm trying to imagine Mike Carter (or, even better, my dad) spending more than 5 minutes on such a vanity exercise.

Or how about President Wilson in Brad Carson's "role"?

All they would hear in their minds is time & money going down the drain...

Animated GIF

Maybe TU should reconsider cutting their liberal arts programs

-MrWX4T6NKYaInf82VL7IPJMbEM=.gif

• 1 month later...

With the mention on Twitter this week re: ORU visiting the Reynolds Center in December, I went into the TU Basketball forum to check out any discussion about their upcoming schedule, recruiting, their new coach, etc.

Here is what I found:

landscape tumbleweed GIF

The current vibe with Golden Hurricane basketball is as low as I can recall since Nolan Richardson rolled into town in 1980. Sad!

Their new coach is bringing in two good players that had originally committed to him at LA Tech.

With Cincinatti, Houston, & UCF leaving after this season will the AAC continue to be a multibid league?

5 minutes ago, ORUJason said:

Good question.  Probably not.

Memphis and Wichita St. definitely have the ability but the NCAA seems to be going after Memphis and Wichita's replacement of Gregg Marshall isn't working out that well so far.

4 hours ago, Old Titan said:

The current vibe with Golden Hurricane basketball is as low as I can recall since Nolan Richardson rolled into town in 1980. Sad!

I'm not sad about it in the slightest.

This is music to TheEaglemans' ears....love it so!!!😀

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

More cringy-ness from TU president Brad Carson:  with it's many problems, I'm not sure Portland, OR is a municipality to be emulating right now...#smh

Based upon my recent trip to Portland, NO city should aspire to be like Portland.  

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

You’re the president of a university and the article you promote opens with a distinct image of the OTHER university in the city 

1ABCD6B2-41BC-4C99-95C3-2D607FD8FD18.jpeg

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

No doubt trying to position himself to take over when Penny Hardaway eventually gets suspended and/or fired for cause.

• Upvote 1