Meanwhile at 11th & Harvard...

Old Titan

stacking/balancing bowls on a unicycle....completely overrated.

Panda Express > Red Panda

• Haha 2

This is almost as good as when Hanson played a halftime at an ORU game, about 30 years ago.

I remember thinking to myself...why are we having these 3 little kids do a halftime show? They are AWFUL!

Then, a couple of years later they sold about 10 million records. 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, ORUalum said:

stacking/balancing bowls on a unicycle....completely overrated.

Panda Express > Red Panda

I don't know. I think it is pretty amazing. I know I couldn't do it. Heck, my wife can't even get me to stack five bowls in the kitchen cabinet with my hands.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I will be interested to see when/where BB Knight transfers. Konkol can't coach and he's wasting his eligibility there.

Is their new coach really not up for the task? He came in super heralded by a lot of guys I trust as being a VERY good coach. I  just assumed their record was solely the result of their low talent level. Could we have another John Phillips on our hands? Those were great years for ORU in the rivalry.

• Like 1

I think Konkol will right the ship, but it will take some time. They just aren’t very talented. Think ORU in the first year of Paul Mills. It takes a few years to build a roster that can win games. 

• Upvote 1

I have heard good things about Coach Konkol.  I think that once he is able to get a couple of FULL recruiting seasons under his belt, he will have some talent that he can coach and develop.  TU faithful just need to be patient.

Just now, Bogus Smith said:

TU faithful just need to be patient.

and they're very good at that! 🤣

Maybe they just need to start recruiting the same quality of players as ORU...

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

I have to disagree. Maybe Konkol has just completely lost the locker room but they have more than a talent issue. There isn't a reason they should be THAT awful.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Pretty hilarious thread on the TU forum discussing this totally legit info

So I ventured over there to see what they were saying, which led me to search who Tulane's head coach is, and apparently it's Ron Hunter. Which led me to do a quick google on him, and found a cool clip from the past... More than one familiar face in this clip as well...

Ron Hunter defeats Baylor in the NCAA tourney.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Texasgrip said:

Here's the smartest comment in that thread...of course, he was quickly put in his place. 🤣

TU_board.png

TU fan just now realizing that ORU has passed them?

jim carrey disbelief GIF

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ManiacAlum said:

I'm reminded of the old football saying re: (among others) Randy Moss and Tyreek Hill when it comes to defensive backs attempting to defend them: 

"If they're even, he's leavin'!!"

cincinnati bearcats running GIF by University of Cincinnati Athletics

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SonofaLegend said:

So I ventured over there to see what they were saying, which led me to search who Tulane's head coach is, and apparently it's Ron Hunter. Which led me to do a quick google on him, and found a cool clip from the past... More than one familiar face in this clip as well...

Ron Hunter defeats Baylor in the NCAA tourney.

Former IUPUI coach. Lost to ORU in 2008 Summit final

32 minutes ago, jmg1984 said:

Former IUPUI coach. Lost to ORU in 2008 Summit final

It includes our old nemesis Ron Hunter falling off his stool when his son hits the game-winning shot. Also includes a shot of Coach Mills and the rest of the Baylor bench watching, then grimacing as the shot went in. Actually a pretty cool fusion of past and present.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 10:26 PM, ManiacAlum said:

jim carrey disbelief GIF

Apparently some of them still haven’t realized it. We got lucky with Max blah blah blah. Sounds like some of them have been reading The Mitchell Report. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1