Meanwhile at 11th & Harvard...

Old Titan

BTW, TU plays Wichita State again tonight on ESPNU. "Must-see TV!" 😆

14 hours ago, titansforever said:

BTW, TU plays Wichita State again tonight on ESPNU. "Must-see TV!" 😆

TU trailed by 17 at the half and by almost 30 at times in the second half before falling by 13. 

Stunningly poor crowd in Wichita; Paul Mills has yet to invigorate the Shocker faithful. 

TheEagleman watched some of the game last night and while I was happy to watch TU get wasted I just couldn't bring myself to root for that little BS artist on the other bench....standing there the entire game with his arms folded directing traffic in his black pullover...i had to turn it off when they went up by 20+....HCPM is just too irritating now that he is at WSU....that was only their 3rd conference victory.....Shocker Fans cannot be pleased with what they have seen this year.....and I love it!! 😛:hc_mills:😛

• 1 month later...

What a slap in the face is it to have your Freshman of the Year player go to a competitor in Memphis out of the portal??  Can you imagine the amount of vitriol that player is going to get when he returns to play at the Reynolds Center next season?? 

I realize it is just a game and a student-athlete (regardless of his level of maturity) has to play wherever he wants in today's environment, but I am sure it doesn't set well with the Hurricane faithful.

12 hours ago, Bogus Smith said:

What a slap in the face is it to have your Freshman of the Year player go to a competitor in Memphis out of the portal??  Can you imagine the amount of vitriol that player is going to get when he returns to play at the Reynolds Center next season?? 

I realize it is just a game and a student-athlete (regardless of his level of maturity) has to play wherever he wants in today's environment, but I am sure it doesn't set well with the Hurricane faithful.

If he got $500K from Memphis i bet he can handle the booing from TU fans next year!:) 

That conference is a good fit for him as his game is getting in the lane to pick up fouls and get to the line. In the Big 12 or SEC they aren't calling a lot of those as the ref will just look at him and tell him to get up and play. Plus he shot like 27% from 3 last year so no real reason to cover outside 18 ft. 

Good young player but TU isn't matching that type of $$ and he wasn't getting it from K st or Texas. Not that type of guy. 

• Upvote 5

Haggerty bolting to a loaded arch rival, rather than remaining part of the (supposed) rebuild where he blossomed, is the ONLY thing in his game that reminds me of Kevin Durant.  #cupcake

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Haggerty bolting to a loaded arch rival, rather than remaining part of the (supposed) rebuild where he blossomed, is the ONLY thing in his game that reminds me of Kevin Durant.  #cupcake

As @darrenj stated, ya' gotta' believe that the money was much, much better across the big river.  PJ must have wanted to be a smaller fish in a bigger pond and hope that he gets bigger.  When you are top dog on the team, unless you are self-motivated (which all-stars are), you will play to the level of your teammates and good enough to keep your "top-dog" status.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bogus Smith said:

As @darrenj stated, ya' gotta' believe that the money was much, much better across the big river.  PJ must have wanted to be a smaller fish in a bigger pond and hope that he gets bigger.  When you are top dog on the team, unless you are self-motivated (which all-stars are), you will play to the level of your teammates and good enough to keep your "top-dog" status.

My fear is that underclassmen like Haggerty, knowing they can always bolt again NEXT season, couldn't care less about wins, losses, minutes, fish, ponds, dogs, etc.

My fear is that ALL they care about at that age, in this time and place, is one thing:  the money.

Make It Rain Money GIF

9 hours ago, Old Titan said:

My fear is that underclassmen like Haggerty, knowing they can always bolt again NEXT season, couldn't care less about wins, losses, minutes, fish, ponds, dogs, etc.

My fear is that ALL they care about at that age, in this time and place, is one thing:  the money.

Make It Rain Money GIF

Hope they have good advisors that can help them with their new found fortunes; otherwise, they will be wondering why life dealt them such a bad hand.

The money he is getting is life changing. My educated guess is $750k

• Upvote 1

It makes me wonder if guys even care if they make it to the NBA anymore because they can make millions in college.  The dream used to be to make the NBA but yeah now it is only about the NIL money.  People say college has turned into pro sports but it is even worse because in the pros you have to get traded or picked up in free agency.  In college you just call your own shots and leave whenever you want to, just for a one year contract.

• 2 weeks later...

Major props to TU athletic media relations director Don Tomkalski, who is retiring in May after 40 years at 11th & Harvard.

To put that into perspective:  "DonTom" started at TU the same year (1984) that I graduated from ORU.

He's a good dude; I just wonder what he's going to do now with his Saturday's during the school year...

• Upvote 3