Meanwhile at 11th & Harvard...

Old Titan

9 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

For anyone who thinks ORU has issues currently:  TU now has TEN players in the transfer portal:

ScreenShot2023-03-22at1_33_02PM.png.aa50bbbcd23382dc375f6c768676e310.png

I knew they were going to do a little housecleaning in hopes of improving that 5-25 record, but this is tantamount to full-on demolition. #CleanSlab

explosion building GIF by South Park

Going to suck to lose next year to little brother ORU and also lose to Paul Mills twice. It builds character though….

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

For anyone who thinks ORU has issues currently:  TU now has TEN players in the transfer portal:

ScreenShot2023-03-22at1_33_02PM.png.aa50bbbcd23382dc375f6c768676e310.png

I knew they were going to do a little housecleaning in hopes of improving that 5-25 record, but this is tantamount to full-on demolition. #CleanSlab

explosion building GIF by South Park

But according to a couple of their fans that is all part of the master plan and the staff wanted all of those guys gone so they can be replaced by much better talent.!:) Goodness. 

4 minutes ago, darrenj said:

But according to a couple of their fans that is all part of the master plan and the staff wanted all of those guys gone so they can be replaced by much better talent.!:) Goodness. 

I'm reminded of someone playing Five Card Draw asking for four cards.

Perhaps it's better to just bluff with what you've got in your hand...or fold.

• Upvote 1

BB Knight was the only guy on that roster who possibly had the ability to become a great player. If he goes somewhere where he can get minutes he could turn into something special.

Tulsa had an ELEVENTH player enter the transfer portal today.

This is easily the highest number of defections in D1, aside from the 14-man roster at St. Francis (NY), who is dropping their entire athletic department & programs effective June 1st.

There are a half-dozen or so schools with 7 or 8 players in the portal, but almost are going through a coaching change.

I have NEVER heard of a case in D1 where an ENTIRE ROSTER quit on a returning coach in the off-season. 

Ever.

12 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Tulsa had an ELEVENTH player enter the transfer portal today.

This is easily the highest number of defections in D1, aside from the 14-man roster at St. Francis (NY), who is dropping their entire athletic department & programs effective June 1st.

There are a half-dozen or so schools with 7 or 8 players in the portal, but almost are going through a coaching change.

I have NEVER heard of a case in D1 where an ENTIRE ROSTER quit on a returning coach in the off-season. 

Ever.

Does that mean that @theeagleman5, @OKC Eagle, You, & I have a chance to play at TU along with Trey Phipps?

Curious… Talk about lack of continuity. I think that only leaves one scholarship player besides Seals (walk-on). Tulsa will be starting with clean slate. 

3 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

Other???  I wonder who that could be? 🤔  No need to be so indirect, right??

This is the best tweet to ever come out of ORU. Hands down. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

Other???  I wonder who that could be? 🤔  No need to be so indirect, right??

I'm sure "others" was used solely to keep the alliteration with all the "Os".  No shade intended, Tulsa! 🤣

... Was that the missing "o" from the word "too" in the other tweet? 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Not a fan of referencing the other D1 schools in the state, directly or otherwise. 

Agree. Whoever started this thread should take your advice!

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Not a fan of referencing the other D1 schools in the state, directly or otherwise.  Looks like they're living in "our" heads.  ORU didn't even play two of the three, and let's face it:  there's no comparing the schedules OU and OSU played in the Big XII that affected their records.

Just celebrate the 30 wins, the conference titles both regular and postseason, etc. and don't poke the bear (especially if you're interested at all in scheduling a game with them).

Completely agree. 

Low rent and unnecessary. 

48 minutes ago, ORUTex said:

Agree. Whoever started this thread should take your advice!

I'm a fan - I'm SUPPOSED to be obsessed with the crosstown rival.  Along with blocked-shot statistics and coaches' wardrobes.

I guess I expect my alma mater to show a little more decorum.  #ActLikeYou'veBeenThereBefore

But don't take my word for that tweet crossing over the line of civility - check out the local media response:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

Not a fan of referencing the other D1 schools in the state, directly or otherwise.  Looks like they're living in "our" heads.  ORU didn't even play two of the three, and let's face it:  there's no comparing the schedules OU and OSU played in the Big XII that affected their records.

Just celebrate the 30 wins, the conference titles both regular and postseason, etc. and don't poke the bear (especially if you're interested at all in scheduling a game with them).

100% agree