Is Max Staying?

Old Titan

Frankly, after looking at Max’s stat line, I’m surprised he wasn’t a negative number in the +/-.

1-for-7 from three, with zero assists and 3 fouls, is not how you get Capone. 

• Like 1

Max hit a big shot with about 25 seconds left that sealed the win for his team.  Overall he was ok but did hit the big shot and then of course the announcers started discussing how he had 25 or more points in the three NCAA tournament games last year.  First player since Steph Curry to do that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Max hit a big shot with about 25 seconds left that sealed the win for his team.  Overall he was ok but did hit the big shot and then of course the announcers started discussing how he had 25 or more points in the three NCAA tournament games last year.  First player since Steph Curry to do that.

• Like 2

Thanks interesting.....TheEagleman just tested his own vertical jump and measured at 4.5 inches.....so a little work left to be done but i can open a cold brew just fine........🍺

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Interesting did anyone ever see Max dunk?

During the game today, the announcer's also said Max was the top shooter in the drills, going 19 for 20 from three.  Pretty impressive.

Max just finished game two of his Elite camp experience and he had around 8-10 points.  Nothing really jumped out about his performance in either game.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ORUalum said:

“…I played at Oral Roberts…”

Freudian slip, or just subconsciously ready to move on?

Max really did not improve his draft status with the two games: averaged 8 points and 2 rebounds but his high score on the drills and vertical jump must have impressed some scouts.  Overall, a mixed week for Max at the G League Elite Camp.  

I would think Mid Court Max would get drafted in the G League draft but not in the regular NBA draft.

10 hours ago, Old Titan said:

“…I played at Oral Roberts…”

Freudian slip, or just subconsciously ready to move on?

Or neither? Just making a factual statement?

• Upvote 1

My assumption is that Max attended the G League camp in order to gain more exposure and additional experience - and with the hope that he would get the "callup" to the NBA draft combine.  Since he was excluded from the callup, I would think that the prospects of seeing Max in an ORU uniform again this fall have significantly improved.  But, maybe I'm just looking through "navy and vegas" tinted glasses.

• Like 1

I think you are right TrueBlue82. I would say 60% chance we get him back.

It is really difficult to get called up the NBA Combine as only 7 out of 44 players made it.  Which for you math majors is less then 20 percent.  Watching Max in these camps, which are basically college all-star games, and nothing really sets him apart from the other guys.   Max is a scorer and three point shooter but so are all the other guards at the camps and they have 4 or 5 inches on him.

Was surprised that Max did not try and show the scouts his playmaking/point guard skills.  He only had 1 assist in two games and for the most part was just content with shooting threes.  All the scouts know he can make threes but his ability to find his teammates in the half court was all but missing.

Still think we have seen the last of Max in an ORU jersey. Coming back does nothing for his stock besides turning a year older which hurts for pro teams. 

• Upvote 1