Is Max Staying?

Old Titan

Something to do while waiting to hear any announcement from Max:  copy and paste these hot takes into an English translation site for French, Spanish and Japanese respectively.  Surprisingly insightful on a couple of fronts.

It truly is a global game; particularly for "Worldwide Max"!

Great finds, OT.  Hopefully, Max ends the suspense early in the day, or my productivity level will be severely impacted.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Great finds, OT.  Hopefully, Max ends the suspense early in the day, or my productivity level will be severely impacted.  🤣

He's waiting for Drew Timme at Gonzaga to make his announcement!

I guess we're going down to the wire...

5 hours ago, Old Titan said:

He's waiting for Drew Timme at Gonzaga to make his announcement!

Explain the logic here…. Or is this tongue-in-cheek?

Unless Max gets a midnight offer he can't pass up i think he is coming back for 1 more year!

This is like that bank run scene in It's A Wonderful Life where they're at the building and loan and counting down the seconds and finally saying, "They'll never close us up today! ...five, four, three, two, one, bingo!"

8 minutes ago, eagle88 said:

Unless Max gets a midnight offer he can't pass up i think he is coming back for 1 more year!

Is the cutoff at midnight CST?

Last year Max made a decision around 7 pm Tulsa time on the last day to enter the draft.   Looks like the same thing is happening again.  It must really be a tough decision for him to make, just like last year.

Max just retweet a “I’m staying in the draft” tweet from a guy from CSU, so I’m definitely expecting something tonight either way

Can’t count the eggs yet, but if Max were to come back, how much pressure would he put on the other team as an off ball or SG position… McBride is a capable ball handler, if Max is running around free, would not want to be that guy chasing him around all over the floor. It could free Max to do what he’s best at, just shoot, and not have to worry about ball handling and distributing, but still be free to occasionally bring it up the floor when he’s feeling it for a logo pull-up. And if that’s what his role in the nba would be, might as well let him show off this year. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

He’s fulfilling his commitment to Coach Mills to raise the perception of ORU by being mentioned in the same breath as Duke, Gonzaga and UCLA. 🤪

• Haha 1