Is Max Staying?

Old Titan

On 3/31/2022 at 11:45 AM, Texasgrip said:

Was it Taco Bueno? That would be a serious date.

In the dog days of summer, we need to formulate a "Top Ten Date Restaurants" of ORU days gone by.

The original Mondo's Italian Restaurante would be at the top of my list; but that's for another thread at another time. 😍

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

In the dog days of summer, we need to formulate a "Top Ten Date Restaurants" of ORU days gone by.

The original Mondo's Italian Restaurante would be at the top of my list; but that's for another thread at another time. 😍

Hamburger Haven at 69th and Lewis - those onion rings were unbelievable!

OK, you can move this post. 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Across The Street on Yale back in the 70's.....right across from the Lafortune Golf Course....i know the restaurant is gone now....but TheEagleman actually worked there for about 9 months in 74-75.....great burgers, fries and chocolate brownie pie and was a big ORU Student hangout back in the day.....😎

• Like 1

Goldie's Patio Grill at the corner of Lewis and I-44 or The Spudder at 51st and Sheridan.  Goldie's was cheaper in price.  The Spudder was a rare occasion due to the price.  Loved both.

• Like 1

Remember the Do Whop diner across from ORU?(Roaring 50's restaurant) It is gone but if a few of us adventurous Golden Eagle fans went in together we could do round 2 and give a percentage of our profits to players like Max that we want to keep! If you don't like the Do Whop concept we could go simple and bring back Vito's Pizza( $2.99 combo meal with a drink)!

You guys were high-rollers. I'm jealous. 

It was Subway and the Dollar Movie for me, if she was lucky.

And if the date went well, we'd sneak into a local apartment complex that had a hot tub. Hot tubbin' was all the rage! 😜

• Like 1

How about the pizza joint My Pie after a basketball game.

And for "after curfew" dining it was the St. Francis Hospital Cafeteria.

I just knew I was going to ruin poor Max's tribute thread with that Mondo's mention...smh 

Will Smith Smh GIF by The Academy Awards

Oh yeah, St Francis was the best. Used to love the cheesecake I could get there. 

As a kid in the late 70’s it didn’t get any better than Casa Bonita!  Does anyone remember Taco Boy?  And King’s…?  I recall they had great burgers and they were ordered from a phone at the table?  Am I crazy?

Rob

• Upvote 1

Wow!!...My Pie...Casa Bonita and the cheesecake at St. Michaels....those were the days....😎

• Upvote 1

I remember going to Casa Bonita….a true Tulsa legend! And Furs for Sunday lunch after church. Both places have fallen by the wayside unfortunately. Next time I see Max I will thank him that his post “will Max stay” turned into a trip down memory lane for all of us fans and Alum! My wife and I had dinner a couple of months ago with Max’s parents at Albert G’s Barbecue at Tulsa Hills. The food and fellowship was terrific! Max’s parents are the best and very funny!

• Like 1

Bring back Casa Bonita AND the Titan Train!  Those were the days…

Ya know, “E-A-G-L-E-S, Eagles” would work too.  I’m counting on some of you regulars to get that started next season 😁.   It would be current AND throw-back at the same time…the key to a good “Train” is packing the Mabee Center.  Let’s go, Golden Eagle fans!

Rob  🦅 🚂

Shotgun Sams Pizza in the Fontana Shopping Center at 51st and Memorial. 🍕 

4 hours ago, ORU82 said:

Anyone remember Furr's Cafeteria?  

Yes one down the street on 81st on the right was it by Harvard?

9 hours ago, ORob1 said:

Bring back Casa Bonita AND the Titan Train!  Those were the days…

Ya know, “E-A-G-L-E-S, Eagles” would work too.  I’m counting on some of you regulars to get that started next season 😁.   It would be current AND throw-back at the same time…the key to a good “Train” is packing the Mabee Center.  Let’s go, Golden Eagle fans!

Rob  🦅 🚂

Actually,

G-O-L-D-E-N

[clap, clap; change directions]

E-A-G-L-E-S

works, too. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...