NCAA tournament

Keenan Henderson

I'm also happy for KO. I hope Texas Tech takes the title!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, eagle88 said:

Remember they called Reggie Jackson Mr. October? I'm nicknaming KO Mr. March! He definitely was a key to Tech winning yesterday. I thought KO made a mistake transferring to Tech but in hind sight it has worked out really well for him and I'm really happy for his success! 

I agree that Kevin has been a vital component for TTU's success; hope he's having fun.

His stock remains the same as last year, overseas is his only option.  But his "Q" factor must be off the charts now in college basketball circles; wonder how many starters have ever been to back-to-back Sweet Sixteens with two different teams, and starred for both in those "bright lights" games?

• Like 2

St. Peters is a remarkable story and not that unlike ORU's story last year. St Pete's record is 21-11 and they were 2nd place in the MAAC. They lost twice to 1st place Iona, the first time 85-77 and the second time 70-61. They went on a 7 game winning streak at the end of the regular season and won their conference tournament. Just like ORU last year no one saw this coming for St Pete's this year. I have heard people say the difference for us this year was KO. I am not completely convinced. We had KO all last year and we didn't click until the end of the season just like St Pete did this year. Although KO would certainly have helped us this year we still would have had to click at the end of the season. There is a rhythm to basketball that is hard to explain just like their is to life. Sometimes the intangibles are difficult if not impossible to comprehend. On the flip side SDSU went 30-4 and won every conference game and then goes on to lay a goose egg in the Big Dance. There has to be something about meshing and peaking as a team at the right time! I guess it's not how you start it's how you finish.

• Like 1

Fun seeing a couple of old familiar faces officiating the Duke-Texas Tech game tonight:  former Mid-Con/Summit stalwart Lamar Simpson, who called games in the league for years along with twin brother Lamont. 

And Gerry Pollard, long-time Big XII official who has called some big intersectional games featuring ORU in the Mabee Center, and famously did ORU a solid by calling it fair down the stretch in Lawrence, KS for ORU's monumental win over the Jayhawks, when the other two refs predictably swallowed their whistles in crunch time.

• Like 2

KO had a good first half as Tech leads by four at halftime. How about those Arkansas Razorbacks? Coach Miss had a great game plan for the Zags, holding them in check to just 68 points.

St. Peter’s has done it! First ever 15 th seed in the Elite 8. Great defense wins championship games! Forced 16 turnovers and shut down Purdue’s three point shooting.

Philadelphia loves St. Peters! Go Peacocks...Beat UNC!!!🏀

2 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Philadelphia loves St. Peters! Go Peacocks...Beat UNC!!!🏀

Those Peacocks play relentlessly on both ends of the court. 

Peacocks aren't beating my Tarheels tomorrow. Not gonna happen!

1 hour ago, vcboy2000 said:

Peacocks aren't beating my Tarheels tomorrow. Not gonna happen!

That’s what father in law said about his Boilermakers 😜

• Like 1

Nova to another Final Four...amazing team with zero stars...and looks like Duke is going also....can St. Peters beat UNC?....TheEagleman says unlikely but ask Kentucky and Purdue what they think?....a Peacock victory would be the most incredible story since George Mason some years back....😯

• Like 1

Oh...TheEagleman is rooting for St. Peters....Go Peacocks!!!👍See the source image

• Like 2

Go Peacocks! Show the world the little guy can get it done! Rudy Rudy Rudy!!!!

• Like 1

Congrats to Duke , no surprise they are a good team. Coach K passed John Wooden for most Final Fours with number 13.

Looks like the Peacocks have finally run out of gas....Final four is gonna be all big time programs but TheEagleman will be pulling for local boys Villanova to knock Billy Self and Kansas out.... Image result for Villanova Wildcats Fire Wallpaper Logo

Interesting how down by more than 20 with 3 minutes left in the game, the Peacocks still had their starters in and continued to press. UNC would break the press several times leading to breakaways, and didn't feel the need the slam dunk the basketball. The pulled it out and let clock run. Whatever happened to the rule that leaving your starters in and pressing while you're out of a game means you're asking for the other team to run up the score and dunk the ball after the buzzer sounds? 🤔

• Haha 2