NCAA tournament

Keenan Henderson

I'm picking the Friars to beat SDSU, because of the schedule they've played and their slow it down style. SDSU likes to score a lot of points like most of the Summit league teams and the game will really slow down today. It's always tough for a high scoring team to slow down.   

In the first half, SDSU played well defensively but played very poorly offensively.  They need to play up to their offensive potential and can win this game.  Too careless at times in the first half.

19 minutes ago, titansforever said:

At halftime, Providence is ahead, 31-23.

The Bunnies have some work to do.

SDSU getting shafted by the officials. Glad that's not us, lol.

Doug Wilson fouled by the guy he was defending, but ends up getting called for a foul to put the Friars at the line. Followed by a  phantom foul called on him again to put the Friars at the line for 3. Five incorrect free throws in a really close game are going to decide the game. 

Providence had good defense today holding SDSU to a season low 57 points. Just goes to show how difficult it is to win in the tournament. It makes ORU's run last year, even more impressive.

Good comeback from Michigan today over Colorado State (Eagles season opener)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

And Otis starts the tournament 0-2 😰

Join the club pal…

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

And Otis starts the tournament 0-2 😰

Don't feel bad me also 😐🏀

Well SDSU is now 0-6 in their NCAA D-I appearances.  Impressive!  They are actually 1-9 in any post season appearance at the D-I level.

• Haha 2

Really surprised that SDSU lost. I had them going to the sweet 16. Sure makes what ORU did last year look more impressive! 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, eagle88 said:

Really surprised that SDSU lost. I had them going to the sweet 16. Sure makes what ORU did last year look more impressive! 

It’s hard… really hard.  It requires tremendous mental and physical toughness. Oh, and you have to make shots too. 

I agree ORU Terry. While I'm at it let's  talk about all the love the Dakota teams get from the Summit League Refs and always having the Conference Tournament in their backyard. At the end of the day I'm not sure this pampering helps you guys. It is a false sense of reality as evidenced by their performance today. I still think SDSU has an excellent team that under performed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

SDSU struggled in the beginning of the second half and trailed by 14: 43-29. Just very tough to come from that far behind against a quality Big East team.

The Jackrabbits, barring transfers, bring everyone back except Douglas Wilson. Seems like we say that every season.

As I said after they beat us in OT (2/28), I hoped they would lose big in the first round, simply based on the trash-talking and cocky attitudes-especially Luke Appel.  He had 1 rebound and 0 points in 5 minutes today.  Karma...😉   

Rob

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

Jacks had a golden opportunity as it looks like Richmond will knock off Iowa. I didn’t think they would be a good matchup against Iowa but Richmond is a different story.

SDSU blew it…

And I have Gonzaga winning it all in my bracket. They are up only 2 at halftime against Georgia State. Zags shot 9 of 19 from the free throw line and 2 of 11 from the 3-point line. 

16 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

SDSU blew it…

And I have Gonzaga winning it all in my bracket. They are up only 2 at halftime against Georgia State. Zags shot 9 of 19 from the free throw line and 2 of 11 from the 3-point line. 

😐😐