NCAA tournament

Keenan Henderson

Kevin Obanor doing KO things with 11 straight points as Texas Tech is jumping out on Notre dame in their game tonight; he’s had a variety of power in the paint and bombs from deep. 

Same broadcast team as last year’s ORU-Florida game at the same juncture of the tourney; they’ve got nothing but love for Kevin from last season, speaking glowingly of him and Max both. 

In further evidence that the Big Ten was overrated by the committee, Iowa St, who was destroyed by Texas Tech in the Big XII semifinals just beat 3 seed Wisconsin somewhat handily.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Kevin Obanor doing KO things with 11 straight points as Texas Tech is jumping out on Notre dame in their game tonight; he’s had a variety of power in the paint and bombs from deep. 

Same broadcast team as last year’s ORU-Florida game at the same juncture of the tourney; they’ve got nothing but love for Kevin from last season, speaking glowingly of him and Max both. 

The woman, forgive me but I didn't catch her name, just noted that KO has logged his 34th career double double with that last rebound.

By the way, I think I could listen to Avery Johnson read the phone book.

In the "Who Will the NCAA Investigate Next" game Miami is up 1 over Auburn at the half.

Just now, Otis 83 said:

Dang those Red Raiders play defense!

If the refs let you hit the other team in the head with no call then I guess that’s good defense🤷‍♂️

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

If the refs let you hit the other team in the head with no call then I guess that’s good defense🤷‍♂️

In eyes of the officials I suppose it was.  Perhaps my pro Texas anti Irish views impacted my objectivity but I would also say if you play hard good things will happen.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

In eyes of the officials I suppose it was.  Perhaps my pro Texas anti Irish views impacted my objectivity but I would also say if you play hard good things will happen.

In my defense I would submit that Clark Kellogg, Kenny Smith and Charles Barkley just voiced a similar view.

9 minutes ago, Otis 83 said:

True. I was just surprised there was no review.

The officiating in this tournament has been all over the place. Some games they really let them play then others it’s been called extremely close.

KO ties a school record in an NCAA tournament game with 15 rebounds for TTU. He still gives God all the glory in his postgame comments. One reporter asked him about this year and last year’s run to the Sweet 16. He said they were both special moments that he has really enjoyed.

• Like 1

No. 9 TCU giving 1-seed Arizona all they want, up by 3 with less than 4:00 to go.  I've liked that team ever since I watched them turn back a pretty solid ORU effort in Fort Worth in December.  Former Pitt coach Jamie Dixon gets the most out of his roster.

Their big man has a ton of energy, and when he gets going, he plays possessed.  Not as big or as talented, but still reminds me of Shaquille O'Neal when he was at LSU; a raw force of nature.

Big XII has certainly lived up to billing; Kansas, Texas Tech and Iowa State already in the Sweet Sixteen.

A really big tournament so far for the Catholics with Villanova and St. Peters advancing to the Sweet 16....if Notre Dame had found a way to beat TTU all the fans would have been given complementary rosaries at the gate next weekend......😎

• Haha 2

Iowa State goes from 2-22 to the Sweet 16 with former SDSU Jackrabbits coach TJ. He should get coach of the year honors!

• Like 1

Remember they called Reggie Jackson Mr. October? I'm nicknaming KO Mr. March! He definitely was a key to Tech winning yesterday. I thought KO made a mistake transferring to Tech but in hind sight it has worked out really well for him and I'm really happy for his success! My opinion and 3 bucks will get you a cheap cup of coffee at Mickey D's!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1